quad core or not (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
im still having difficulty in deciding wheter or not to go quad in my new system. I found this article which for my purposes (mostly gaming) strongly supports a faster dual core over a slower quad for about the same price (case and point E6850 vs Q6600). Help will be VERY appreciated.

Coding Horror: Choosing Dual or Quad Core

you can't really go by a couple benchmarks

i've seen several..and they are so close it doesnt matter..

i'd get the quad, its a multitasking beast.

If you want my honest opinion....choose the E2160 or 2180 right now, overclock the **** out of one with a Tuniq. You can get 3.4-3.8 probably which is fast for low money. Use the money you saved to make your other parts better and then when the true Pentryn Quad's come out, go for one of those.

That is what I would do...

If you want my honest opinion....choose the E2160 or 2180 right now, overclock the **** out of one with a Tuniq. You can get 3.4-3.8 probably which is fast for low money. Use the money you saved to make your other parts better and then when the true Pentryn Quad's come out, go for one of those.

That is what I would do...

If on a budget thats what I would do. If not I would consider getting the quad now and still upgrade later if its that much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom