quad core info

Status
Not open for further replies.

erkster

In Runtime
hey hey:D

just wondering,would having a quad core for simple task such as internet browsing,and maybe itunes and limewire,make the computer go way faster then duo core,or does quad core do nothing unless it needs the quad cores.

i don't know much about quad core,my mom just want a extremely fast computer(shes used a piece of junk that takes 3 minutes just to open my computer XD

and i know that having a quad core would be kind of a waste but my mom doesn't care much bout cost so long as it run fast as snot

thanks

The quad core will help with multitasking as in running multiple programs at the same time. for individual programs unless they are written to take advantage of all four cores then no. Since your mom does not care about cost then definitely get a quad. If you are building her a desktop I would go with an Intel i7 or an amd phenom2 x4.

Limewire and fast computer don't go together.

I agree. If cost isn't an issue, get a quad. If nothing else it will "futureproof" your computer.

kk cool....thanks for the help

also just a quick random question:

quad core in a laptop?
is it available?

Negative. Or not in my price range at least. If your going to be building her a PC check out newegg regularly. You can always get a deal there.

not building one,going to best buy or future shop,don't have the time or patience to build one:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom