Quad Core or Dual Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kohkane

Baseband Member
THis is such a big issue for me.

Maybe we can take an opinion poll.

Remember the rate of technology, we dont want the 2 cores to look silly in a year and a half from now.

Should we all just wait and save up a bit more for a quad instead? what do you think?

can you not set the quad core to act like a dual core when playing games? The only reason I would get quad core is to set it so that certain programs would use one core. That way, you could have 4 programs running each using up 100% of one cpu.

no you cant do that. But that would be awesome and very idile. Maybe eventually you could. I havent read any reviews that explore that.

Kohkane said:
no you cant do that.

yes you can do that.

Go to the task manager, right click on the task that you want to run on a certain CPU and choose "set affinity" and choose the CPU that you want it to run on. Repeat for any other processes/ processors.

You can only see the set affinity menu if you auctually have a dual/quad core processor.

I would have said quad core before until I read how the "mainstream" core 2 quad Q6600 is going to be only $150 less than the QX6700..... rediculous to buy a processor much over $300 if you ask me.

E6600 for the win

Kohkane said:
how about 2008 or 2009? I only buy a cpu every 3 to 6 years

how should we know?
a year ago amd owned and their dual core was the best since bread thats been toasted. now, c2d rules the world.
man, how do you expect anyone to know what's going to happen TWO years from now with computers?
they'll probably be implanted in our brains by then...:amazed:
i set the affinity for programs all the time, read up!

p.s.
i'm sure we all appreciate the information and all, but...i don't see many ladies on here, but the ones who are probably dont care about your wiener, bro. thats umm...wierd?, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom