QuAd CoRe AnYoNe??

Status
Not open for further replies.
well first pics of it suggest that it absolutely needs a watercooling system so there is a mini one built right onto the card. i doubt it would be nearly as good as full sized system tho. and obviously better than air!

well... i'll have (2) 2.67GHz Quad Core XEON'S running with 16GIG of ram and (4) UBER QUADRO 4500's RUNNING IN Quad SLI with (8) 30" LCD MONITORS!!!! All on my NEW POWERMAC PRO!!!!!

laugh... it can be done.

HAVOC2k5 said:
well... i'll have (2) 2.67GHz Quad Core XEON'S running with 16GIG of ram and (4) UBER QUADRO 4500's RUNNING IN Quad SLI with (8) 30" LCD MONITORS!!!! All on my NEW POWERMAC PRO!!!!!

laugh... it can be done.

Psht, I have a Tyan Quad Kentsfield with 4 Quad core Kentsfield, with 32 Gigs of ram, 10 30" Dell LCD's, 8 SCSI 147GB 15,000 RPM Hard drives in RAID 5, FireGL V7300's In Crossfire, 4 Plextor SATA CD-RW drives and and PC and power cooling 1K PSU.

HAVOC2k5 said:
well... i'll have (2) 2.67GHz Quad Core XEON'S running with 16GIG of ram and (4) UBER QUADRO 4500's RUNNING IN Quad SLI with (8) 30" LCD MONITORS!!!! All on my NEW POWERMAC PRO !!!!!

laugh... it can be done.

that sucks dude, I'm sorry.

shoot me for being pedantic but havoc seems to be the only person who has actually done any research into or built an MP system seeing as he chose an appropriately achievable configuration, where all the people who keep saying they are going to use multiple kentsfield's are smoking crack because as far as i know they have no MP support i.e. single processor system use only.

since AMD's K7 and Intel's P4 (not to be confused with "P5" Prescott and up) server parts have had their own package and socket.

on another note though it's interesting to see that Intel did go with the predicted foolish idea of two dies on the PCB, cutting corners like with the Pentium D's. though they get credit for at least having two cores to each die. if the schematic image at the top of the article is accurate i think the heat issue could be worsened by the positioning of the dice (wonder if that's the correct plural form :D) and the cores in the dice would distribute heat very unevenly. i don't presume to know better than their engineers but i would have wanted to keep the four cores centralised. not that it would make a huge difference but if my thinking is correct and it would help.....well they should do everything they can that would be a "good" design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom