Quad Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya its recommended, but i was lazy on the last few boards. Popped everything in and it booted and ran wow so i had no reason to reinstall :) Btw, i finally got my heatsink today, only took 2 trips to fedex and telling them to redirect it twice.

NEVER user fedex "home delivery" service, it is horrible.

lol...That's what I picked for my TR Ultra-120 Extreme, and it delivered right on time, with no delays.

Ya it delivered on time every day, WHILE I WAS AT WORK. I even specified to deliver after 4:30, and the buttplug came at noon every day for a week even after i specified to deliver it to my job instead. It finally showed up at work today after talking to a different person for the redirect.

Don't get ECS motherboards. They're not that good. As King X13 said, it does not support quad core processors. I would suggest this motherboard, if you're looking to get a Q6600:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
....since that seems to be your price range.

Shhh! Nobody knows that ECS motherboard's doesn't really support that processor that they tell you on the box until you actually try to overclock it! :freak:

Well I think I've posted this once telling you guys that I can't overclock my CPU past 2.6GHz because if I go any farther then that with my ECS motherboard, it will crash. It's really weird how it said,"Supports Pentium D, Core 2 Duo, Pentium 4, with an LGA775 socket." But when you actually try to overclock the Core 2 Duo, there is a limit. :snob:

Well I think I've posted this once telling you guys that I can't overclock my CPU past 2.6GHz because if I go any farther then that with my ECS motherboard, it will crash. It's really weird how it said,"Supports Pentium D, Core 2 Duo, Pentium 4, with an LGA775 socket." But when you actually try to overclock the Core 2 Duo, there is a limit. :snob:

Me too! I can only get up to 3.3GHz, I've tried 3.4GHz but it crashes at POST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom