Q9300 retail at newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Q6600 Can be had for about $200 if one just looks around.

The Performence increase the Q9300 has over the Q6600 is not equal to its percent price increase.

So the Q6600 still the best bang for your buck.

Microcenter has the 9450 oem for 299.

Hmm, looks like the sale ended. But they do have the 9300 for 279.

while the power consumption may be less, most here aren't worried about the difference. Besides, the cost on the utility bill isn't noticable.

while the power consumption may be less, most here aren't worried about the difference. Besides, the cost on the utility bill isn't noticable.

I agree. Power consumption is a non issue. But I have just installed an E8400 on an EVGA 680i mobo and the 45 nm chips really run hot!!! The Q6600 and Q6700 (which I own) blow these latest chips out of the water IMO. Intel has some homework to don on these 45 nm chips. This is an opportunity for AMD to jump in and do something really spectacular but I'm not holding my breath. The Phenom is a dog. I have a 9500 sitting on a shelve as a paper weight which is about what it's worth. Very sad as I love AMD as a company.

The Q6600 Can be had for about $200 if one just looks around.

The Performence increase the Q9300 has over the Q6600 is not equal to its percent price increase.

So the Q6600 still the best bang for your buck.

$190 actually :D

but the q9300 isn't worth it, its too pricey because the q6600 is more than $104 cheaper and probably will overclock better

Power consumption only becomes an issue with businesses etc. My campus alone has about 4000 computers running at any given time so that makes it a little more important. But one computer really doesn't make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom