Q6700 vs Phenom 9500 3DMark06

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
Both systems are nearly Identical: Q6700 Oc'd to 2.99ghz Phenom is stock at 2.2. Both are running Evga 8800gts 320mb cards and both have the same HD's, video cards and 4 gigs of ddr2 6400 not oc'd.

3Dmark05 scores:
Q6700 = 17,990
9500= 13880
3DMark06 1.12
Q6700 = 9990
9500 = 9360.

Why the disparity is 3DMark05? The 3dmark06 scores makes me think the 9500 is the cheaper bet!!! Regardless, the $650 + pricetag on the Intel is out there! Don't get me wrong...both systems make me really happy!!!

welll, why rank a oc'd chip to a non oc'd chip? oc em both or none at all.
You simply can't get the 9500 over 2.31ghz so there is really no point. Tbhe Black box 9600 is the overclocker. The point is that the AMD phenom is the start of something really good for AMD! It is a great chip in my book as is the Q6700 althoough outrageously expensive!

You simply can't get the 9500 over 2.31ghz so there is really no point. Tbhe Black box 9600 is the overclocker. The point is that the AMD phenom is the start of something really good for AMD! It is a great chip in my book as is the Q6700 althoough outrageously expensive!

Then compare the 9600 @ 2.4 and the q6600 @ 2.4ghz, the comparison you are making makes no sense. Its like comparing a ford mustang and a dodge viper.

Makes sense to me. Big reason to buy a intel quad over amd quad is for overclocking ability.

welll, why rank a oc'd chip to a non oc'd chip? oc em both or none at all.

exactly the point it just gives a unfair advantage to one chip

but i see the phenom running at stock gets 9360 where the Q6700 gets 9990 overclocked, that tells me that if the Q6700 was not overclocked the phenom would destroy it

it was similar in a different test i seen here yesterday

exactly the point it just gives a unfair advantage to one chip

but i see the phenom running at stock gets 9360 where the Q6700 gets 9990 overclocked, that tells me that if the Q6700 was not overclocked the phenom would destroy it

it was similar in a different test i seen here yesterday

Which is why i was saying, give us the stats at stock speeds, because the phenom is no slug.

3dmark is not a real-world application

Just compare Intel Quad core with Phenom in Superpi, the Intel quad core would destroy it.

But again Superpi is not a real-world application as well

You are saying that Q6700 is expensive but Intel does have Q6600 which cost much less and still offers better performance than any Phenom processor in most of the real-world applications.

Actually, Phenom can't even beat E8400 in most of the real-world applications that normal users use

there's not really much of anything that will beat the 8400. judging by the overclocks that thing produces, there probably wont be for awhile.

Makes sense to me. Big reason to buy a intel quad over amd quad is for overclocking ability.

I'll make it more easily understood...sheesh......the point is that I get no phenominal advantage with the Q6700 when it comes to everyday users not benchers. The point is to show that the AMD chip with all the other components being similar it a great chip! The post wasn't intended to be a horse race. Some of you need to start thinking outside of the box IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom