Q6600 vs Q6700

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is over 500$ other places..I have also heard that the Q6700 will go down to 250$ in April...

I have been thinking of waiting until Late April to get my CPU rather than buy it now.

AND.. Is the quad core processor really a whole heck of alot better? like having 2 dual core processors?

I doubt you get much better gaming performance...but other CPU intensive programs really do run better. I have tried everything I can imagine to push the usage to 100% by runnig a huge number of programs in multitasking and can't get it past 80% :) And you are right, it is simply two E6700's on the same core. It's not a native quad like the AMD Phenom.

ya.. but who cares about native quad core.. all of the amd guff and talk of true quad core flopped nasty... and well look at the "true quad core" now... its behind... marginally...

ya.. but who cares about native quad core.. all of the amd guff and talk of true quad core flopped nasty... and well look at the "true quad core" now... its behind... marginally...

True enough....but I'm thinking that AMD will come out in good shape comparing the quads once they get the architecture of the Phenom tweeked. It was a really smart move to get the native quad developed. Too bad they made a bad marketing decision by releasing it with all the bugs not worked out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom