Q6600 vs E6600 - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-10-2007, 03:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
gone
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,051
Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Re: Q6600 vs E6600

Quote:
Originally Posted by san21893 View Post
E6750 ftw, thus proving you don't need a quad these days. Clock speeds will help you in apps that don't utilize 4 cores a.k.a. almost everything.
notice how you said "these days"

Already more apps and games are using quad core so...since the q6600 is like 80 dollars more then a e6750....it doesn't take a genius to figure out which is the better buy and which is more future proof....

Also to all those claiming the best plan is to get a e6750 and then get the penryn processors since their "true core" when they come out, thats just the most retarded economically infeasible plan I ever heard. No one uses a processor for less then a year, thats just a waste of money.
__________________

__________________
i7 3770k @ stock 3.5, Gigabyte GA-Z77X UD3H
Samsung 830 SSD 256gb and WD Black HD 1Tb, CoolerMaster HAF-X Case
Corsair HX 750 watt PSU, EVGA GTX 670 with 1.25 gig video memory @ stock settings, 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card, Logitech G5 series 2
Corsair K90 keyboard, Dell 24" U2412M monitor
Gabb is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 02:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Uber Sanoob Techie
 
san21893's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Westchester County, New York
Posts: 634
Send a message via AIM to san21893
Default Re: Q6600 vs E6600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabb View Post
notice how you said "these days"

Already more apps and games are using quad core so...since the q6600 is like 80 dollars more then a e6750....it doesn't take a genius to figure out which is the better buy and which is more future proof....

Also to all those claiming the best plan is to get a e6750 and then get the penryn processors since their "true core" when they come out, thats just the most retarded economically infeasible plan I ever heard. No one uses a processor for less then a year, thats just a waste of money.
Yes completely true, but that wasn't my plan. Also, look what happened to people's 9800's, same thing could happen with the cpu's, for me quad is worthless, but I'm not a heavy gamer. And I also thought the quad core wasnt worth another 80 bucks when I don't need it. And plus having sub 30C temps at 3.4ghz is AMAZING. If I ever feel the need to upgrade I can sell the e750 to my cousin for a good price. Hes asking me to build, and hes totally budget, maybe I'll use a q6600 g0 w/ his and do a trade off later giving him some money. Or I could just sell my e6750 now.

Pinoy, most likely the reason why your cpu is running hot is your thermal paste application. I know that with AS5 if you don't apply the paste like they say, especially w/ quad core, you'll burn out your cpu. What thermal paste are you using and how did you apply it?
__________________

__________________
san21893 is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 03:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: Q6600 vs E6600

Quote:
Originally Posted by san21893 View Post
Yes completely true, but that wasn't my plan. Also, look what happened to people's 9800's, same thing could happen with the cpu's, for me quad is worthless, but I'm not a heavy gamer. And I also thought the quad core wasnt worth another 80 bucks when I don't need it. And plus having sub 30C temps at 3.4ghz is AMAZING. If I ever feel the need to upgrade I can sell the e750 to my cousin for a good price. Hes asking me to build, and hes totally budget, maybe I'll use a q6600 g0 w/ his and do a trade off later giving him some money. Or I could just sell my e6750 now.

Pinoy, most likely the reason why your cpu is running hot is your thermal paste application. I know that with AS5 if you don't apply the paste like they say, especially w/ quad core, you'll burn out your cpu. What thermal paste are you using and how did you apply it?
Im using the Zalman Thermalpaste, the ones that applies like a white out. I applied it and it was really thin coating, so I applied a bit more than I did on my E6600, just a tad wiinnnnnyyy bit more.
__________________
PINOY3000
Aluminum Unibody MacBook
Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz 333MHz x 9 Multiplier VCore: 1.3V
NVidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB; G.Skill 6GB-HZ 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 1.9V
WD Raptor-X 150GB 10,000RPM; Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7,200RPM
ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi Edition; Thermaltake Armor Full Tower Case
Logitech G15 Keyboard & G5 Mouse; Bose Companion 5 Speakers
Antec Quattro 850-Watt PSU; Tuniq Tower 120 HSF, Blu-Ray Drive
Gateway 22" FPD2275W LCD Display; MS Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
Samsung 40" 1080p Full HD LCD TV (Samsung LN40A550)
pinoy3000 is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 04:16 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: Q6600 vs E6600

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy3000 View Post
Im using the Zalman Thermalpaste, the ones that applies like a white out. I applied it and it was really thin coating, so I applied a bit more than I did on my E6600, just a tad wiinnnnnyyy bit more.
That is a possible reason why your Q6600 is pretty hot, on load. Zalman paste isn't that good, or at all.
__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 04:49 PM   #15 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: Q6600 vs E6600

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gapl View Post
That is a possible reason, why your Q6600 is pretty hot, on load. Zalman paste isn't that good, or at all.
Hm.... I just wasted 36 minutes and pain staking work trying to remove that heatsink and getting a lot of blisters on my fingers cuz it was too hard to remove. Grrr. Hopefully my temps will go down a bit.
__________________
PINOY3000
Aluminum Unibody MacBook
Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz 333MHz x 9 Multiplier VCore: 1.3V
NVidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB; G.Skill 6GB-HZ 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 1.9V
WD Raptor-X 150GB 10,000RPM; Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7,200RPM
ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi Edition; Thermaltake Armor Full Tower Case
Logitech G15 Keyboard & G5 Mouse; Bose Companion 5 Speakers
Antec Quattro 850-Watt PSU; Tuniq Tower 120 HSF, Blu-Ray Drive
Gateway 22" FPD2275W LCD Display; MS Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
Samsung 40" 1080p Full HD LCD TV (Samsung LN40A550)
pinoy3000 is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
gurusan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,562
Send a message via MSN to gurusan
Default Re: Q6600 vs E6600

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gapl View Post
That is a possible reason why your Q6600 is pretty hot, on load. Zalman paste isn't that good, or at all.
All the unnecessary commas in wrong places! AhhhAHhh grammar grammar hurting my brain
__________________
|| 2500K @ 5GHz 1 thread, 4.8 2 threads, 4.6 3, 4.5 4 1.284V ||
|| P8P67-M Pro || 8GB @ 2133MHz ||
|| 5850 @ 1000/1225 || XFX 650W || Silverstone FT03B ||
|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
gurusan is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 04:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
UA_Iron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 857
Default Re: Q6600 vs E6600

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurusan View Post
All the unnecessary commas in wrong places! AhhhAHhh grammar grammar hurting my brain
Serial killers, often, overuse and, abuse punctuation!.
UA_Iron is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 04:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 510
Default Re: Q6600 vs E6600

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurusan View Post
All the unnecessary commas in wrong places! AhhhAHhh grammar grammar hurting my brain
comes from being a student at oxford!

I quite like b1gapl's use of commas, it adds a certain narrative style.
Andyf is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 05:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
Uber Sanoob Techie
 
san21893's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Westchester County, New York
Posts: 634
Send a message via AIM to san21893
Default Re: Q6600 vs E6600

Pick up some mx-2, and what hsf do u have?
__________________
san21893 is offline  
Old 09-10-2007, 05:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,046
Default Re: Q6600 vs E6600

Quote:
Originally Posted by san21893 View Post
Pick up some mx-2, and what hsf do u have?
HSF? Heatsink Fan? I got the one that came with the TT120.

Well, gonna turn off the computer, hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Just imagine having a Q6600 with stock cooling. If my TT120 isnt even capable of cooling it enough, I cant imagine how people with stock cooling survive with it. Though I did read somewhere the the Q6600 can have T-Junction temps as high as 115C.

Are the temps on everest are T-Junction temps?
__________________

__________________
PINOY3000
Aluminum Unibody MacBook
Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz 333MHz x 9 Multiplier VCore: 1.3V
NVidia GeForce 8800GTS 640MB; G.Skill 6GB-HZ 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 1.9V
WD Raptor-X 150GB 10,000RPM; Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7,200RPM
ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi Edition; Thermaltake Armor Full Tower Case
Logitech G15 Keyboard & G5 Mouse; Bose Companion 5 Speakers
Antec Quattro 850-Watt PSU; Tuniq Tower 120 HSF, Blu-Ray Drive
Gateway 22" FPD2275W LCD Display; MS Windows Vista Premium 64-Bit
Samsung 40" 1080p Full HD LCD TV (Samsung LN40A550)
pinoy3000 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between Q6600 and QX6700 Sydzy New Systems | Building and Buying 19 09-10-2007 03:56 PM
q6600 for gaming and OC Riznarf New Systems | Building and Buying 37 06-19-2007 10:12 PM
Overclocking a q6600 Riznarf New Systems | Building and Buying 2 06-04-2007 02:42 AM
E6600 or Q6600 for my needs E6600 New Systems | Building and Buying 11 05-04-2007 02:57 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.