Q6600 vs E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.
E6750 ftw, thus proving you don't need a quad these days. Clock speeds will help you in apps that don't utilize 4 cores a.k.a. almost everything.

notice how you said "these days"

Already more apps and games are using quad core so...since the q6600 is like 80 dollars more then a e6750....it doesn't take a genius to figure out which is the better buy and which is more future proof....

Also to all those claiming the best plan is to get a e6750 and then get the penryn processors since their "true core" when they come out, thats just the most retarded economically infeasible plan I ever heard. No one uses a processor for less then a year, thats just a waste of money.

notice how you said "these days"

Already more apps and games are using quad core so...since the q6600 is like 80 dollars more then a e6750....it doesn't take a genius to figure out which is the better buy and which is more future proof....

Also to all those claiming the best plan is to get a e6750 and then get the penryn processors since their "true core" when they come out, thats just the most retarded economically infeasible plan I ever heard. No one uses a processor for less then a year, thats just a waste of money.

Yes completely true, but that wasn't my plan. Also, look what happened to people's 9800's, same thing could happen with the cpu's, for me quad is worthless, but I'm not a heavy gamer. And I also thought the quad core wasnt worth another 80 bucks when I don't need it. And plus having sub 30C temps at 3.4ghz is AMAZING. If I ever feel the need to upgrade I can sell the e750 to my cousin for a good price. Hes asking me to build, and hes totally budget, maybe I'll use a q6600 g0 w/ his and do a trade off later giving him some money. Or I could just sell my e6750 now.

Pinoy, most likely the reason why your cpu is running hot is your thermal paste application. I know that with AS5 if you don't apply the paste like they say, especially w/ quad core, you'll burn out your cpu. What thermal paste are you using and how did you apply it?

Yes completely true, but that wasn't my plan. Also, look what happened to people's 9800's, same thing could happen with the cpu's, for me quad is worthless, but I'm not a heavy gamer. And I also thought the quad core wasnt worth another 80 bucks when I don't need it. And plus having sub 30C temps at 3.4ghz is AMAZING. If I ever feel the need to upgrade I can sell the e750 to my cousin for a good price. Hes asking me to build, and hes totally budget, maybe I'll use a q6600 g0 w/ his and do a trade off later giving him some money. Or I could just sell my e6750 now.

Pinoy, most likely the reason why your cpu is running hot is your thermal paste application. I know that with AS5 if you don't apply the paste like they say, especially w/ quad core, you'll burn out your cpu. What thermal paste are you using and how did you apply it?

Im using the Zalman Thermalpaste, the ones that applies like a white out. I applied it and it was really thin coating, so I applied a bit more than I did on my E6600, just a tad wiinnnnnyyy bit more.

Im using the Zalman Thermalpaste, the ones that applies like a white out. I applied it and it was really thin coating, so I applied a bit more than I did on my E6600, just a tad wiinnnnnyyy bit more.

That is a possible reason why your Q6600 is pretty hot, on load. Zalman paste isn't that good, or at all.

That is a possible reason, why your Q6600 is pretty hot, on load. Zalman paste isn't that good, or at all.

Hm.... I just wasted 36 minutes and pain staking work trying to remove that heatsink and getting a lot of blisters on my fingers cuz it was too hard to remove. Grrr. Hopefully my temps will go down a bit.

Pick up some mx-2, and what hsf do u have?

HSF? Heatsink Fan? I got the one that came with the TT120.

Well, gonna turn off the computer, hopefully it will be better tomorrow.

Just imagine having a Q6600 with stock cooling. If my TT120 isnt even capable of cooling it enough, I cant imagine how people with stock cooling survive with it. Though I did read somewhere the the Q6600 can have T-Junction temps as high as 115C.

Are the temps on everest are T-Junction temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom