Q6600 vs E6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
On all benchmark test, for the CPU ones on Everest, the Q6600 nearly doubles the score compared to the E6600 both stocks.

Also..... Heres a comparison between a Q6600 vs E6600 on Everest Memory & Cache Benchmarks....

E6600 OC'ed to 3.2GHz with 2GB RAM.
Settings: 400MHz x 8 VCore: 1.3625; 2GB G.Skill-HZ RAM @ 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 1.9Volts

Q6600 OC'ed to 3.0GHz with 2GB RAM
Settings: 333MHz x 9 VCore: 1.3Volts; 2GB G.Skill-HZ RAM @ 1000MHz 5-5-5-15 1.9Volts

These are mainly Memory Benchmark on Everest so the higher the FSB = The better the Score despite the CPU's actual speed.

Edit: So why is Q6600 better than E6600? :( Darn, wonder if the choice I made for switching was good or not :(

yeah the q6600 is worthless you shouldn't have switched...so to make it up just sell me your q6600 for 5 bucks...

obviously Everest doesnt take advantage of the quad core performance

u's r wrong quads r way better thing bout all the new games coming out soon bioshock, cod4 and crysis all take advantage of 4 cores cpu's, a q6600 is way better than a e6600 and also the e6750. i would even prefer it over the e6850 anyday.

u's r wrong quads r way better thing bout all the new games coming out soon bioshock, cod4 and crysis all take advantage of 4 cores cpu's, a q6600 is way better than a e6600 and also the e6750. i would even prefer it over the e6850 anyday.

Hey Kobe, do you know what the regular temps should be for a Q6600 at stock? Mine at stock was running like 50C. Could it be that because I have B3 Stepping and I just got it and its not used to the heatsink I have? LOLz, I know I put that stupid heatsink the right way, its even blowing the right way too haha. But I know i tried to avoid those barrel thingies. Grrr I may have to recheck it ahhh this saux. I cut myself trying to get that heatsink out, and putting it back on. :(

Hey Kobe, do you know what the regular temps should be for a Q6600 at stock? Mine at stock was running like 50C. Could it be that because I have B3 Stepping and I just got it and its not used to the heatsink I have? LOLz, I know I put that stupid heatsink the right way, its even blowing the right way too haha. But I know i tried to avoid those barrel thingies. Grrr I may have to recheck it ahhh this saux. I cut myself trying to get that heatsink out, and putting it back on. :(

regular temps 30-40 celcius, Im int he upper range, that one pdawg guy is in the 30ish range. Your temps are way too high for stock, somethings wrong.

E6750 ftw, thus proving you don't need a quad these days. Clock speeds will help you in apps that don't utilize 4 cores a.k.a. almost everything.

Nearly every game being released these days is multithreaded, and the upcoming ones will be optimized for more than 2 cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom