q6600 voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
hey after seeing meat_helmets cpu stats. i decided to put my 680i to work and see if it could do compared to the ds3r.

anyway i managed to get my q6600 3.2ghz at 1.28v and run 4 instances of prime 95 (1 for each core) for bout 1/2 hour. i no it might not be completley stable so to be sure im runing at 1.31v right now and gonna see how that hold up for a while. i was not able to push it past 3.3ghz it would kjust freeze at post with 1.45v and 1.5v fsb. for sum reason after a apply a voltage in bios it is always less current value then i actually apply eg. set voltage to 1.5v wen it value really ends up being 1.45. Im not sure whether its my chip that wont o/c past 3.3 or its just needs like 1.5+ volts.

also got my hz's at 1200 2.1v 5-5-5-15 havent tried tightning timings nor lowering voltage as of yet.

The variation in the voltage might be an incorrect reading. I've heard software doesnt always give totally accurate readings of the voltages... i think.

Actually, just thinking about it, whats your PSU? I assume you have a good one, but it might have something to do with the voltage difference.

Good luck though :)

yeah the best, well my fav ne way. silverstone 750w modular. umm yeah those reading are from bios so not software. but seems like the 680i is alot betetr than i thought. actually runs my q6600 very well at 1.3v @ 3.2ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom