Q6600 Temperatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

wobble_the_ugly

Solid State Member
Should I be a little worried or not, at the moment, I have gotten a new Q6600 which is a sweet peace of kit, but I am not to sure about the temps.

My motherboard is reporting idle temp of 30-35c and loaded of temps of 35-40 when loaded, but please bear in mind this is stock.

Is there another program I should use to check the temp of the processor, and what would people say the max temp should be? :confused:

thats fine temps. Get coretemp. Be worried in the low 60's. Since i run my computer 24/7, i keep it at 3.3ghz, and get maybe 48-52c

Which stepping Q6600 do you have?

The load temperature is fine.

Max load that Intel suggests, is around 71C for the G0 stepping, and around 60C for the B3 stepping.

You can find out your stepping, by looking at the side label of the retail box. If it says SLACR, it's G0.

Intel's temp. limits for the G0 Q6600:

* Max temp for the individual cores (Tj. Max) - 100C
- Found in CoreTemp.
- Most say stay under 80C

* Max temp for the chip (Tcase Max) - 71C
- Found in Speedfan/Nvidia Monitor
- Most say stay below 65C

thats fine temps. Get coretemp. Be worried in the low 60's. Since i run my computer 24/7, i keep it at 3.3ghz, and get maybe 48-52c

Okay I went to get coretemp as you suggested, and have found something that I have not expected.

Core temp reports the temps are

Core #0: 55 to Tjunction max remaining
Core #1: 57 to Tjunction max remaining
Core #2: 61 to Tjunction max remaining
Core #3: 57 to Tjunction max remaining

Now this has left me alittle worried, and with a whole new set of questions.

1.) Why is the motherbard saying one temp, and core temp saying another? :confused:

2.) Should I be wprried that Core #2 being higher then the other 3? :confused:

Finally thankyou for helping me.

The motherboard is reporting the CPU temperature as a whole, and the program is reporting each core temperature in the CPU. It's a quad core cpu, hence the 4 reported temperatures.

As long as they're not far apart from each other, it's fine.

1.) Why is the motherbard saying one temp, and core temp saying another? :confused:
Finally thankyou for helping me.

Intel's temp. limits for the G0 Q6600:

* Max temp for the individual cores (Tj. Max) - 100C
- Found in CoreTemp.
- Most say stay under 80C

* Max temp for the chip (Tcase Max) - 71C
- Found in Speedfan/Nvidia Monitor
- Most say stay below 65C

Already answered before you asked....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back