q6600 for gaming and OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
riznarf i would get the q6600 because they o/c past 3.0ghz which is good, mines at 3.2 and at 57c load with 4 instenses of prime95 runnin

riznarf i would get the q6600 because they o/c past 3.0ghz which is good, mines at 3.2 and at 57c load with 4 instenses of prime95 runnin

is that tuniq tower's fan on high or low, because on low that would be really impressive...

Is true that Quad-core is going to be cheaper by Jully 22 but I would rather get one of the new CPU with 1333MHz FSB why?? Because there is right now no competition for Quad-core as far as I know besides Intel new CPU made of 45nm
will be introducing new Dual-Core and Quad-core if I'm correct and there is not much out there that take advantage right now of Quad-core besides video applications, Photoshop, CAD, etcetera. Yes I know that eventually Crysis will come out and some other games that support Multicores but lets face it those games aren't coming out until most likely around Christmas maybe I'm wrong but we have been waiting too much and there is not a single news about anyone of those games. ( News about them will come at E3 we hope :rolleyes: )
Anyway my point is that Quad-core CPU simply will be a little more higher than Dual-Core because is a Quad-core thats all.

Beyond Dual Core: 2007 Desktop CPU Road Map

One of Intel's most potentially exciting desktop CPUs is code-named "Yorkfield" and appears to be a 45nm-process quad-core processor that uses a single die (referred to as "native" quad-core) and has an astonishing 12MB of shared L2 cache. When combined with the performance-per-watt advantages of the 45nm processor, this could be Intel's extreme high-end CPU of the year if it is released on schedule at the end of Q3 or the beginning of Q4 2007.

Question about the quad core. If it were to be OC would Aircooling like a coolermaster stacker case and maybe tuniq tower be efficient to keep it cooled? Or would the best thing to do is switch to water cooling?

Question about the quad core. If it were to be OC would Aircooling like a coolermaster stacker case and maybe tuniq tower be efficient to keep it cooled? Or would the best thing to do is switch to water cooling?

Watercooling would be even better. But the airflow of the CM Stacker, and the Tuniq will do a good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom