q6600 drops to 295 (but its out of stock right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Bot, how can we tell if there G0 stepping or the older B3 stepping? Is the ClubIT product B3 stepping?

Also how do you like your dvd drive- Newegg.com - SONY NEC Optiarc Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache E-IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner - OEM

I plan to get it too, but am still deciding between that or the pioneer
Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - OEM

also I ordered the corsair 620 HX from Zipzoomfly, how is that working for you?

at a fairly well known online retailer...I received an email of a combo with that...cpu and intel mobo for 499.

dangz...thinking of buying that before I install my Ultimate which came in the mail today! hehe

was it tigerdirect?

If so it was 599 i beleive and brought a case, ram, psu, cpu(q6600), and i think theres something else

Hey Bot, how can we tell if there G0 stepping or the older B3 stepping? Is the ClubIT product B3 stepping?

Only place I know that will ensure you get a G0 stepping q6600 is the link I provide to Tankguy. Other than that if you order from anywhere else you have a very likely chance of getting the B3 stepping. Once all the retailers dump their stock of B3 steppings you will see the G0 steppings more common.

It's a good dvd burner. Honestly I don't see much difference between the Sony and the Lite-On that I have installed on my wife's computer. I would say its a personal choice, which ever you want.. I go with whatever is cheaper.

Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - OEM[/Qoute]
See above response. Either or will be fine. It's a personal choice IMHO.

also I ordered the corsair 620 HX from Zipzoomfly, how is that working for you?

This is the 2nd 620HX I have purchased. I have one in my wife's pc and its a **** good one. I would have gone cheaper but I couldn't pass up the price I found at zipzoomfly.

Only place I know that will ensure you get a G0 stepping q6600 is the link I provide to Tankguy. Other than that if you order from anywhere else you have a very likely chance of getting the B3 stepping. Once all the retailers dump their stock of B3 steppings you will see the G0 steppings more common.

It's a good dvd burner. Honestly I don't see much difference between the Sony and the Lite-On that I have installed on my wife's computer. I would say its a personal choice, which ever you want.. I go with whatever is cheaper.

Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - OEM[/Qoute]
See above response. Either or will be fine. It's a personal choice IMHO.

This is the 2nd 620HX I have purchased. I have one in my wife's pc and its a **** good one. I would have gone cheaper but I couldn't pass up the price I found at zipzoomfly.

Do you have the SATA version of the drives or the IDE version that the one guy said was slower and older and recommends against? Is there much differance?

was it tigerdirect?

If so it was 599 i beleive and brought a case, ram, psu, cpu(q6600), and i think theres something else

could have been more...and different version emails, but mine was $499, just mobo and cpu...cut and paste...I think a link will appear in it...not sure

Check out our Intel 975XBX2KR Socket 775 ATX motherboard and Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40 GHz CPU combo! Two of the most powerful components ever created – specially designed for high-performance, multi-core computing – for only $499.99 – a savings of up to $199.

Intel 975XBX2KR Intel Socket 775 ATX Motherboard and an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40GHz Socket 775 OEM Processor at TigerDirect.com

they say they're in stock...but don't give too much hope when it comes to tigerdirect...not that waiting is all that bad ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom