Q: Best OC'ing Chipset/MoBo(intel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guff1988

In Runtime
I will not be using SLi so obviously I need to go with an intel chipset.

I've heard the X48's aren't too good right now but they may get better with time. The X38's are rather expensive and I haven't heard a lot about their overclockability. I have on the other hand heard that the P35's can really OC well. Anyway enough with what I know and on to the question.

Which motherboard/chipset would provide the best Overclockability for both the E8400/E3110 and Q6600(looking for either 1 board for each or one that is unanimously the best) Obviously with the locked multiplier the board will have to have good cooling and be stable with high FSB's.

I've always wanted a DFI. That Mobo has great reviews and i love the layout. Just a question what should i be able to get my E8400 to(stable) with a Xigmatek s1283 cooler

I would think at least 4.0ghz....(445fsb)...most 4.5+ghz clocks I've seen require a bit more voltage, and I'm still not quite sure how much these 45nm chips can safely take.

If you are willing to spend a bit more, the DFI X48-T2R is a great clocker and should do over 500fsb at least...and has the x38 chipset which supports PCI-E 2.0 for future cards and Crossfire just in case you want to go that direction.

isnt the fsb limited by the Memory...i have ddr2 800 so the highest i can take my fsb is 400 right. That will give me 3.6(which is fine for me if its really stable)
Next time i upgrade my cpu i will have to buy a new mobo anyway(new socket lga1366)So i am pretty sure the p35 will do more than ok for a year or so.

hmm, those aren't particularly good at all. You can try to clock them but if I were you I'd flog them on the bay and grab some better ram. Prices are very low at the moment it would be really worth it to pick some up.

This is a good deal and they will do 500-550fsb no problem
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

hasnt that memory had some trouble with the newer shipments...like random failures and BSODS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom