Put ice in foil - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:42 AM   #51 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Default Re: Put ice in foil

ya u can eat the computer room while playin' a good game

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 04-07-2007, 11:32 AM   #52 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I thought about putting my PC outside in a deep freezer to keep the weather from getting at it.. Imagine how much you could overclock your pc when the air is bone dry and at -40 degrees C lol.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3282468
Old 04-07-2007, 11:46 AM   #53 (permalink)
Patron

I think this would be a good mod put some lights on the inside.A Cpu hsf should have enough power to let there be a good airflow inside the fridge you could put some dehydrating crystals in the back to absorb any moisture......... the only problem would be the motherboard mounting holes and you would need some sort of sealed rubber tube to allow the psu and monitor cables into the "case"
Drinkstuff - Becks Cooler Fridge Chiller Home Bar Bedroom Branded Drinks Cans Bottles Refridgerator Parties Stylish Dairy Food UK Buy
Old 04-07-2007, 11:52 AM   #54 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

dude a beer flavored computer case.
"1* C." awesome.
"perfect for parties and barbecues". indeed.
it would be even better because you could store like a 12 pack inside along with your rig.
two loves, one place.
you could actually cut out the back wall of an atx case and glue it somehow to the wall of the fridge...then you'd have your mounting holes w/out having to drill them into the fridge. the cable entry points could easily be grommeted to seal them up.
hrmm...the wheels are turning here...
this would be a wicked mod...better even than the wood case in another post, which is friggin awesome.
how much is L119.00? sorry i dont know how to make the pounds symbol.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #55 (permalink)
Patron

double the UK prices for the USD so $240ish. With a case that big you may be able to actually put the motherboard diagonally (the bottom of the fridge is stepped) so that it faces outwards towards the window that would look cool I wish I didnt make my build now (in my sig) waited until now and made this new "phase change build". you could even cut out sections on the side and build the optical drives into the walls, maybe I could transfer my current build. Ive got an even cooler idea now get some UV heat shrink wire wrap for the internal wires and stick a black light in the back corner

Matt
Old 04-08-2007, 03:07 AM   #56 (permalink)
True Techie

nver use this ****ing idea= (
Old 04-08-2007, 05:10 AM   #57 (permalink)
Future ex-member

Send a message via MSN to lancec2c30

what did it leak again... lol

XP Pro | Vista Home Premium | Linux Ubuntu 7.10
s939 X2 3800 Toledo @ 2.6ghz | evga 7900gs | 320gig + 80gig wd | 1gb Ram | Abit KN8 SLI
3.1ghz achieved. :cool:
70K F@H member..............still waiting for the "iRACK"

Norcent will not be forgotten.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:39 AM   #58 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Cunjo Send a message via Yahoo to Cunjo

How to Supercool your CPU:
(DISCLAIMER: this post will explain just that - how to cool it. It will do nothing for explaining how to protect your computer from the side effects of said cooling or garuntee it won't destroy your computer outright.)

1 You need an air compressor. a big one with a large, high-pressure tank.
2 get a whole lot of 1cm copper pipe (the longer the better - 100 ft should do it) and form the first half into a radiator, and roll the second half into a very long coil. Attach the two tightly together and attach the radiator end to the air compressor.
3 cap off the end of the coil, and drill a very tiny pinhole in the end of it.
4 get a long length of circular ducting and fit it over the coil like a sleeve. Close the end over the end of the coil, and insulate it.
5 cut a small hole in the bottom of the closed end, so any fluid or dense vapor will drain out.
6 replace your CPU heatsink with a lenth of insulated copper pipe
7 position the hole in the ducting over the copper pipe on your CPU
8 turn on the air compressor and let it run for several minutes

Congradulations, you now have a liquid air machine that will supercool the air until some of the gasses liquify and drip onto your CPU. You will probably break your computer, but at least you got it cold in the process.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:05 AM   #59 (permalink)
Patron

thats a fridge but with air cooling and the gasses which would be vapourised is mainly water making dew on the cpu........ I prefer my idea of converting a beer fridge weight would be a serious issue though. Cold air holds less moisture and with anhydrous crystals in the base all moisture will be absorbed,,,,,...

Matt
Old 04-08-2007, 10:54 AM   #60 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Cunjo Send a message via Yahoo to Cunjo

One of my friends plans on doing it the other way and getting a really big tower case and converting it into a fridge. His goal is to make it light weight enough that he can take it to LAN parties and keep his lunch in the case.