Put ice in foil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about putting my PC outside in a deep freezer to keep the weather from getting at it.. Imagine how much you could overclock your pc when the air is bone dry and at -40 degrees C lol.

I think this would be a good mod put some lights on the inside.A Cpu hsf should have enough power to let there be a good airflow inside the fridge you could put some dehydrating crystals in the back to absorb any moisture......... the only problem would be the motherboard mounting holes and you would need some sort of sealed rubber tube to allow the psu and monitor cables into the "case"
Drinkstuff - Becks Cooler Fridge Chiller Home Bar Bedroom Branded Drinks Cans Bottles Refridgerator Parties Stylish Dairy Food UK Buy

dude a beer flavored computer case.
"1* C." awesome.
"perfect for parties and barbecues". indeed.
it would be even better because you could store like a 12 pack inside along with your rig.
two loves, one place.
you could actually cut out the back wall of an atx case and glue it somehow to the wall of the fridge...then you'd have your mounting holes w/out having to drill them into the fridge. the cable entry points could easily be grommeted to seal them up.
hrmm...the wheels are turning here...
this would be a wicked mod...better even than the wood case in another post, which is friggin awesome.
how much is L119.00? sorry i dont know how to make the pounds symbol.

double the UK prices for the USD so $240ish. With a case that big you may be able to actually put the motherboard diagonally (the bottom of the fridge is stepped) so that it faces outwards towards the window that would look cool :D I wish I didnt make my build now (in my sig) waited until now and made this new "phase change build". you could even cut out sections on the side and build the optical drives into the walls, maybe I could transfer my current build. Ive got an even cooler idea now get some UV heat shrink wire wrap for the internal wires and stick a black light in the back corner :D

Matt

How to Supercool your CPU:
(DISCLAIMER: this post will explain just that - how to cool it. It will do nothing for explaining how to protect your computer from the side effects of said cooling or garuntee it won't destroy your computer outright.)

1 You need an air compressor. a big one with a large, high-pressure tank.
2 get a whole lot of 1cm copper pipe (the longer the better - 100 ft should do it) and form the first half into a radiator, and roll the second half into a very long coil. Attach the two tightly together and attach the radiator end to the air compressor.
3 cap off the end of the coil, and drill a very tiny pinhole in the end of it.
4 get a long length of circular ducting and fit it over the coil like a sleeve. Close the end over the end of the coil, and insulate it.
5 cut a small hole in the bottom of the closed end, so any fluid or dense vapor will drain out.
6 replace your CPU heatsink with a lenth of insulated copper pipe
7 position the hole in the ducting over the copper pipe on your CPU
8 turn on the air compressor and let it run for several minutes

Congradulations, you now have a liquid air machine that will supercool the air until some of the gasses liquify and drip onto your CPU. You will probably break your computer, but at least you got it cold in the process.

thats a fridge but with air cooling and the gasses which would be vapourised is mainly water making dew on the cpu........ I prefer my idea of converting a beer fridge weight would be a serious issue though. Cold air holds less moisture and with anhydrous crystals in the base all moisture will be absorbed,,,,,...

Matt

One of my friends plans on doing it the other way and getting a really big tower case and converting it into a fridge. His goal is to make it light weight enough that he can take it to LAN parties and keep his lunch in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom