Put ice in foil

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about that guy who hit his FX-53 into the ZIF socket because it wouldn't go in. He then proceeded to take off all the pins when unbending them. ;)

What about that guy who hit his FX-53 into the ZIF socket because it wouldn't go in. He then proceeded to take off all the pins when unbending them. ;)

WoW, that ranks pretty high up there as well.

Ok, that tops the Video card guy, but not by much.

I have a watercooling system in my PC now:
Swiftech MCP655 pump
Swiftech Apogee GT water block
1 x Black Ice GTX 120mm radiator
1X Black Ice Extreme 120mm radiator
Swiftech MCW60 waterblock (still need a HSI heatsink so I can use it with my 8800 GTS)

My Athlon 64 X2 4600+ gets about 35 idle, at 2.8GHZ and 1.5V
when both cores are at 100% load for hours, it gets to about 50

I want to upgrade to an Agena (quad core) when they come out, depending on prices.

I FIXED IT. All I had to do was also wrap the ice in saran wrap and now it can't leak out. if you need a COOL computer for CHEAP do this!!!

this thread is hilarious....

Phase change cooling is cool, and more than just literally... but the sort of thing you're doing is just dumb. There is a reason people pay upwards of a grand for a reliable phase change cooling system, and I garuntee it doesn't have to do with looks.

Personally I wouldn't even trust a top grade water cooling system... things DO happen. Defects emerge, pats go bad... and all it takes is one drop of water in the wrong place to fry a very expensive system. It's a real nightmare. Phase cooling is a little bit better provided that it doesn't use electrically conductive liquids, but it's still unecessary stress on your system. Any exotic cooling system has issues... it places more strain on your CPU for one thing. You can OC the latest Intel chip to 5GHz using liquid nitrogen, but the chip would probably expire from the stress before long, and you'd also risk shattering something at those temperatures -- the faster you heat/cool something, the more stress you put on it.

Invest in a large heatsink and a good fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom