PSU situation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave39

In Runtime
Hey guys, Just got a call from a local computer shop that I bought my rig from and they just replaced my PSU for me. I had an Enermax Noisetaker II 600W that sparked and fried and stunk my room up. They have replaced it with a 400W CoolerMax apparently and I am not sure if that is going to be sufficient.
AMD X2 4200
2 GB PC3200
X1900XT 512mb
250 GB WD
-Everything is stock but I am concerned about the quality of this PSU that they are putting in. I have never even heard of it, sounds cheap to me.
-Has anyone else heard of or experienced on of these PSUs??
-Should I take my computer from them and use it as is and ask them to order me another enermax and then return them the PSU they have setup for me at that point?
Thanks!

did the enermax die on you or something? i would just replace it myself if i were you... newegg it! just keep track of where you remove plugs from (i just keep track of like 3 plugs on the mobo, one in each drive... only the plug that belongs there will fit there, ya know)
i think 400W will be too weak and i'm sure they'll over price it

i couldnt find anything off hand as far as rec power, but the x1900GT (which is clocked lower than the x1900xt) recommends at least a 450W so you prob want at least 500W to be safe... plus if you want to add a hd or extra dvd drive u dont want to have to buy ANOTHER psu

i love my antec TruePowerII 550 :)

Ok cool, thanks cwiz... The powersupply from enermax is still under warranty with the rest of my system. I think they are just being sneaky about the whole thing to save money. I will talk to them about it. I want to crossfire at some point as well which will require a minimum of 550W ...grrrr

It's always good to have more head room for power, For later upgrades. Go with a 600+ unit even if you need to spend alittle more to get it replaced. It will save you down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom