PSU Showdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, who the heck quotes themselves??? I've read that single is better. Do you have the turbo switch on the back for single rail?

"Some of you may be wondering if the move away from Seasonic as an OEM for the TX750 is a wise thing to do. Considering the high quality we are seeing with the current crop of Channel Well built power supplies, I would say that Corsair made a good decision. On the other hand, they have not completely ditched Seasonic since the HX-series continues to be built by them along with the VX450 and TX650. The VX550 as well as the TX750 are made by Channel Well (CWT)."

I thought all TX's were channel well but only the 750 and VX550. I think me and rican discussed this before

i quote myself punk!!!

and yes, i do have a turbo mode for single rail... would that really be wise doing tri-sli though? i would think tri-sli would be better not stress 1 rail hooked up to everything.. as apposed to only fluctuating its own rail? but **** there's like 6 friggin rails 20 amps each... or something like that

i think it pumps less volts if doing turbo mode

i've been running turbo mode... i'll find out soon enough..

i realized i can't buy a 3rd gtx260 yet because i'm going to vegas for my 21st bday dec 26th.. well the week after

Is Seasonic really worth the extra $90 for the same 750W? Looking at what I can them for and the PC P&C is so much cheaper. Picking either one up tomorrow so need an answer fairly quick.

Is Seasonic really worth the extra $90 for the same 750W? Looking at what I can them for and the PC P&C is so much cheaper. Picking either one up tomorrow so need an answer fairly quick.

Nah not for almost $100. With that hundred dollars you can buy a 9600GSO and use it for CUDA on the side.

See how bad it looks when i put it that way... lol.
But if it was $30 or less then i would say yes.

Nah not for almost $100. With that hundred dollars you can buy a 9600GSO and use it for CUDA on the side.

See how bad it looks when i put it that way... lol.
But if it was $30 or less then i would say yes.

Or as a dedicated PhysX card...

Naw I know only Crossfire works and already got the GTX 260. Just wanted to know if you could use the other card for PhysX even on a Crossfire board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom