PSU question help - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default PSU question help

I have been using the 350w psu that came with my case because of lack of cash for a while but I decided to update last night. I ordered:
last night because of the mail in rebate. How does it compare with:
I know the one I ordered isn't modular, but to be honest I really couldn't care less. I am working on upgrading my pc right now and I am going to have:
Intel Core2Duo E6600 2.4ghz
EVGA nforce 680i
2-4 gb of ram
8800 gts or gtx
2 7800 rpm hard drives
Soundblaster X-fi
About 4 80mm fans
Big typhoon cpu fan

Does this psu seem to have more than enough power for this setup and all the features I'll need?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sig 1.jpg (20.6 KB, 42 views)

Old 01-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to CrazeD Send a message via MSN to CrazeD

Thermaltake is way better quality than Apevia.

Intel Q9400 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3P | G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 1000 | XFX HD5870

Need website help? PM me!
Old 01-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Apevia is horrible. Even though the reviews are currently good, no one has used it in the long run. Look how short the warranty period is.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I have read many reviews on this online that were high rated so I wouldn't say Apevia sucks.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

I would.

Honestly, I wouldn't. But there's definitely better options out there. Apevia has one of the higher failure rates, and a reputation of being all show and no actual quality. A lot of Amps is nice, but 22A and 24A on the two +12v rails is too much on one rail. By comparison, the TT has 72Amps spread out over it's 4 +12v rails.

Maybe you should've looked at this before purchasing. Look at the last post in the thread for more of an explanation of the above.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

The quality of the PSU is horrible. The lines are not stable. Lines from PCP&P PSU usually stay within .01 % on their high end PSU. Apevia will go all over the place.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Do not Stare at my Avatar
Send a message via MSN to Ste

Originally posted by CrazeD
Thermaltake is way better quality than Apevia.

And thats not saying much.

The only TT Id ever and I mean Ever tell someone to buy is the 750 Watt TT ToughPower. And thats only because Hardforum gave it the go. And even then I get chills doing it..

From now on, Ill only buy Seasonic, OCZ, Silverstone, zippy or PC Power and cooing or Corsair.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:40 PM   #8 (permalink)
Super Techie

I just put in my new 750 Watt Tought Power the other day, An it's great so far! Love the 140 MM fan, Keep's it cool, An seem's to be enough power so far.
I did think that the idea of only having to plug in the cables you needed would have been a great idea for making the case look clean, But with all the cable's coming with at least 3 to 4 connector's, Eh... Didn't work out so well.
Didn't like the fact of having to spilt the dual 4 pin connector's apart to fit it on the mother board. But ah well over all I really like it!

Closed Thread