PSU question

Status
Not open for further replies.

unimatrix82

Beta member
hello everyone, im new to the forum long time computer user, my question is about my power requirments for my new build here is what im building

AMD athlon 64 x2 2.6ghz
6 gigs of DDR2 ram
640gig sata 2 harddrive
EVGA GTX 260 core 216 version.
COOLER MASTER RC-690-KKN1-GP Black SECC case
Vista ultimate 64bit edition for the OS

now the burning question would a corsair 850watt psu be sufficient enough to run everything ? next year i plan to add another sata harddrive and gtx 260 so im not doing sli yet.

well i decided to get a 9600gso instead to see if my mother board was working i have a asus m2n sli delux mother board, it has the amd athlon 64 x2 2.6ghz in it, and i got everything hooked up to my 500watt psu earlier and i get this weird beeping sequence, one long beep and two short beeps i called EVGA they said it could be the video card, so i took it back to computer deli where i bought it, they pluged it in to there unit there and it worked, i tried clearing the bios on my MObo that did not do anything, im at my witts end here. i really dont feel like buying another mother board, and i cant flash the bios my old machine has an agp card in it and i cant flash the bios that way.

hmm i've never come across that problem before. what psu did they hook it up to at the store?

Can I ask why you built a new rig with an x2 in it?

I've had that happen to me before. I forget exactly what it was. I believe one time all I had to do was put the video card in better, it was a little loose. Another fix for me was I took all the ram out besides one 512mb stick and turned down the voltage to it. Idk, it took my some fiddling around with when I had that problem.

they hooked it up to some old dell desktop, that probably didnt have more than a 350watt psu in it, and it booted up, im getting a new motherboard anyway just to be on the safe side my budget this year for upgrades is $600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom