psu question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
soo, I have recieved most of my parts for my build and I just cannot wait any longer to put it together. But the psu I have now is questionable..but I will be getting a new one in a week. My question is if I build the computer with my old psu for now could it or will it hurt any of my computer parts?

If your PSU is like in bad shape, you'd access the rig of frying it..

if its not enough power, it would just not start, but I don't think it would fry your rig though

By questionable I mean that it is a stock psu that came with my case. Thats all i mean, it isnt like smoking and making funny noises.

nah it wont fry anything i dont think, but theres just no point in even trying anyway becuase of the risk, look at the specs of your psu, amperage on the 12v rails then tell us here, and we can tell whether or not it will run. unless your case is antec and it has a antec earthwatts psu or sumthin, itll probably be a dodgy psu.

no specs on the psu in that newegg link. i guess really it depends on what exactly you are putting in the rig. i mean, a qx9650, a 4870 x2 and 3 hdds...i'd have to say...uh, no.
it will probably be alright for a week, just to get everything up and running. i wouldnt try going into the overclock olympics till you got a better one, tho.

I will be putting a HD 4850, E7200, 2 gigs ram and a biostar p43. so nothing to heavy. I do have 2 HD's. I don't plant to OC until I get my new PSU soo it should be ok right?

I just ordered the corsair 550 VX.. yay! It should get to me by wednesday next week.. and then I will put my compy together. I haven't put one together by myself yet. soo hopefully I won't mess it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom