PSU For PC

CX series is CWT but still using Corsair's design. It's why they are some of the better budget units.

V2 or not, both are practically the same.
yup...The CX 430 started out with the Seasonic board but at some point, Corsair switched to using CWT. Not sure when Corsair made that switch

They were never Seasonic according to reviewers. 2010 2011 Either way, still great budget PSUs and they aren't completely OEM design. Some of the parts have been upgraded by Corsair designers.

Corsair did use Seasonic boards back in '09. I'm not disputing nor have I indicated that the Corsair CX power supplies are inferrior. They are great budget PSU's, even if they do use the Teapo and Samxon capacitors. After some research, Corsair switched to using CWT boards about the same time they came out with the CX430 series. The CX400's are no longer produced by Corsair but they did get better reviews due to the higher quality capacitors and Seasonic boards. The early VX 450's used Seasonic boards also

Last edited:
The only ones being sold now are TX and AX units, but they have pretty much been discontinued and replaced by i variants. AXi is Flextronics and Super Flower, HXi is CWT. Oddly enough, their CSm series is made by an OEM I don't know, Great Wall.

The CX400 is kind of an oddball and I always forget about that one. It was more of an introductory unit to see if people would bite at budget PSUs from them or not and it was made by Seasonic. I think they went with CWT to make the line a tad cheaper and provide a higher range that didn't compete much with their better TX units. My HX850 is CWT and it was fantastic when I used it.

Honestly I don't have much of a problem anymore with them not using Seasonic as an OEM. Instead I just decided to buy Seasonic. The 520w Fanless Platinum I have in my server looks ridiculously overmade and I couldn't be any happier but I wouldn't have any problems putting another HXi or AXi in my machine either.

Back
Top Bottom