PSU and MOBO not compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesrin

In Runtime
Hello, i'm building my new system but i've run into a problem. On my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L i have a spot for a 24pin ATX Power connector, but my Coolermaster Extreme Power 650W ATX 12V V2.01 Silent Power Supply 20/24PIN 120MM Fan only seems to have a 20 pin connector. There is a seperate 4pin connector, but i think it's supposed to go in the separate 12v atx connector by the CPU. Did i get the wrong PSU, or am i just not doing it right? I tried connecting the 4 pin to the remaining 4 pins on the 24 pin atx connector on the mobo, but the computer didn't boot up. All the fans spun, but the hard drive only spun for abot 1/4 a second. Couldn't even get into BIOS.

The 20 pin and 4 pin connectors should connect together some how, and go into the 24 pin slot on your motherboard.

Sounds like you had it right when things 'almost' booted up.

Then what do i connect to my 4pin 12v ATX? It's a totally seperate connection beside the CPU.

That is my power supply...i got it booted up, i just missed the 2nd 4-pin connector. I guess that's what happens when you don't carefully separate all 5 bajillion connectors. Thanks for the help =)

Does anyone know of any issues with USB devices not being recognized upon bootup? I can get to my desktop, and everything is peachy, but i can't use my mouse, keyboard etc

For some reason I'm thinking your problem is a bios setting... can't be sure though.

Good to see you got your PSU problem sorted out... I'd be pretty annoyed if I had bought an incompatable PSU on accident.

With those boards you have to go into the BIOS and enable USB keyboard and mouse support as aether stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom