Which PSU? Hmm... HELP :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
Hey, I recently ordered my entire setup (e6600, 8800gts 320mb, gigabyte ga 965p-ds3, 200gb seagate barracuda) also a 520w silverstone zeus PSU. the trouble is, they're out of stock and aren't getting any in for a while so can anyone think of an alternative PSU? I really want to get this all bought so i can get on and enjoy it!

I know they're good but they said they might not get them in for a month or so yet... :( shame really. maybe i'll wait.

yeah it was scan. the weird thing is, when i just checked their site for alternatives it saidd the silverstone was in stock, so i've sent them a email asking if it IS in fact in stock then i'll go for that one. very odd indeed. i'll check out that one just in case though. thanks

the corsair one's a better price. I'll go for that one if they don't have the silverstone. what exactly does modular mean by the by?

Is it this one mate Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

If so it says its in stock on my pc? quick order it before it runs out! lol

Modular means you dont have all them wires coming out of the psu, basically when you get a modular psu you will get a seperate box with an assortment of wires, you use the ones you need and the others can stay in the box, so your only using the wires you need, where as with non modular psu's you might have 2-3 wires that you dont need to use and they will be in the way, look messy and restrict airflow.

That silverstone psu while being very good quality etc, it isnt modular, so make your mind up time! theres other good ones that are modular though.

yeah thats the one, i thought it said in stock... stupid scan. I'll see what they reply to my email. Crazy people.

Ah right, modular's the way to go if at all possible then! Never mind, i'll just have to go for some cable tidys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom