psu for gtx 280 sli

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
its hard to say there is a big debate right now about wht psu to recomend for sli gtx280's as its unclear how much power they really use, id play it safe and go for a 850, may be over recomending btu we cant be sure till ste gets here if he does at all.

i hate you jseber... your rig is gonna be identicle to mine.. i'm already selling my 260's so i can go to 280's...

hehe sorry

Gunna be getting the i7 extreme.. gotta have it unlocked lol.

Will also be buying 4x 128gig solid state drives. Gunna try them in Raid 0. Thinking about these drives. Will need to get the adapter brackets. Just hope they are faster than 10krpm drives
Newegg.com - G.SKILL FM-25S2S-128GB 2.5" 128GB SATA II Internal Solid state disk (SSD) - Solid State Disks

The mobo will be the asus rampage unless something better is out
Newegg.com - ASUS Rampage II Extreme LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

i have 1 of each.. only the core 192 is for sale right now it has a waterblock though.. the core 216 will be on sale later on.. beginning of dec.

we'll see who comes out ontop

had a hard time deciding between the gx280 and the ati 4870x2... But i like the nforce chipset. How is that x58 treating you?

on your ssd. how much of a diff to you seee in read\write times......and file search times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom