This PSU Good with 2900Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I wouldn't have recommended it, if it wasn't good. As we said countless times before, that the power is not the amount of wattage a power supply has, but how many amps are in it's +12v rails. That Corsair 520HX has 54A, and that's enough for two 8800Ultras in SLI.

ya, i'm not understanding why people think you need such extravagant psu's to power high end systems... such as the rumors of needing uuber high psu's for the 2900xt.. i think at full load on a standard system i guess you say only consumes about 400 watts.. give or take a few watts... going crossfire should only add another 130 watts or sometihng of that area.... 600watts should power pretty much any system there is today.. unless your running like 15 hard drives.. 10 cd's ... etc.

yea you only need around 500 watt psu for 1 2900XT, 750 watt, not 1000 for crossfire.

ya.. stil dont need a 750watt for crossfire.. lol, a full load 2900xt is only about 130 watts, or something of that general area.... and a fully equiped system (1 hard drive, e6600, cd drive, 3 fans or something of the area and the 2900xt) only runs at about 400 watts.. adding in another 130 watts for crossfire is only 530 watts at full load.... got plenty of headroom if ur just picking up a 650 watt psu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom