This PSU Enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that video card doesnt use 400 watts dont believe anything that says that its all about the amps on the rails for the most part and you will be fine with that psu

that video card doesnt use 400 watts dont believe anything that says that...

That's odd... it says this at both tiger direct and newegg on the product information page:

Minimum System Requirements

Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 20 Amp Amps.)

Minimum 500 Watt for SLI mode system.
(Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amp Amps.)

it's to keep them legal irresponsible for you running their card and because of this they look at the worst case standard scenario. look at my signature that is my gaming computer and it is quite high in terms of specs but has lower then 400W power requirement guessing it actually uses around 300-350W

It can power it ....but in all honesty I would get a better PSU....you don't want to be running it close to maximum capacity all the time anyway.

that isn't near maximum capacity gurusan your psu is just over the top no offence, my gaming rig is superior to yours in terms of power requirements and its been running 24-7 for the last 4 months without an issue

I dunno...I have a little wattage meter thing and my entire system draws about 400 watts from the power outlet....so once I get a better GPU and overclock it I would imagine it to jump another 50 watts or so at least.

...hmm thats odd because my PSU is 85% efficient so that means about 340w.

I do have UV lights...a TON of fans including a 200mm fan....and a watercooling system...also a few PCI cards that do draw some power as well (WiFi + XFI)

Anyway it might be ok for him but for me the 750w is good as I plan on going quad core and 8800GTX or possibly a R600.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom