Is this psu any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Newegg.com - Rosewill TU-155 Black Steel ATX Black 0.8mm SGCC Steel Mid Tower Computer Case 400W(20+4 pin) Power Supply - Computer Cases

Hey guys trying to help someone out with picking out a gpu between $75 - $100 and the first thing that comes to mind is ati 4830 or 4770. However I'm not sure if his psu will handle them. He has a 400w and the recommended is 450w. However IIRC theres someone on here that runs a quad core with dual 4830's on a quality 380w. He only has a amd x2 7750 so I assume he'll be ok as long as he has a ok psu.

Is that psu ok? I don't expect greatness but as far as case/psu combos go I always thought Rosewill was pretty good.

I didn't even see the amps listed there. Hmmm anyone know the requirement for the 4830 or 4770?

Ok well looking at that and looking on the net it seems like that psu could run the card in a basic system. I've seen online that the 4830 by itself draws up to 110w, so that would be about 9a on the 12v rail right? And this is a basic dual core, 2x2 ram, single hdd system so I would think he would be ok (unless that psu is junk).

Ughh do not want. check out this instead.

CM Store

Much nicer case and power supply, for no too much more coin.
Shipping from them is pretty reasonable as well.

Well I'm pretty sure he already has the case and psu. If not then yeah I'll tell him to get something different.

So you don't think it could run a 4830, stock amdx2 7750, 1 hdd, 1 dvdrw, regular mobo, and a couple of fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom