PSU for $50-US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello, I'm building a second system identical to my own in the signature but this one will not ever need to run SLI. Can anyone recommend a decent PSU for around $50 US? Motherboard uses a 20 pin connector. I currently have an Antec 550watt on order but it cost near $100-US, so on the second system I'm trying to save money. 7900GT says it requires a min of 450 watt PSU.

Thanks in advance, specs below.

20 pin MOBO
AMD X2 3800
1GB XMS Corsair Dual Channel Ram
250GB WD Sata2 HDD
Asrock Dual Sata 2 MOBO (using onboard Lan)
1xLite-on DVDRW
eVGA 7900GT
Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS

And for all of you that have helped answer all my other questions, I REALLY appreciate the help and patience, thank you. You've all helped me put together a nice system.

If I left out any information, please let me know.

I am considering this item from NewEgg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817148027

Yea, but it won't leave alot of room for upgrading, adding new drivers or OCing.

However, since you can't flex your budget I'm guessing, it's the best way to go.

FS Nortron<Antec<OCZ<PC Power and Cooling

They are all really solid brands, but that's the order that I'd consider in buying, but also based on price too.

Don't buy a PSU of a different brand than those four.

Thanks, after reading all this and really thinking things over I'm debating just getting another Antec 550W, they are around $90. I didn't want to spend the extra money now but I'd rather not have to do this again in another year.

I'm not familiar with Cooler Master, seemed like a nice power supply with the rebate. But when it comes to PSU's and Video Cards I'm completely clueless. Glad you guys give me a hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom