Professional "Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Set Up" Needs parts suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick666

Daemon Poster
Hi. My friend wants to build an i7 or Xeon rig for Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Premium for professional set up.
He was going to buy Mac to use Final Cut Pro but he said the new version is a full of garbage (not good enough for professional use).
So he is moving on to PC w/Adobe set up.
He has an external eSATA hot swappable Drive bay.
He has 2 x monitors, keyboard and mouse. So he needs everything else.
He does edit feature film. So it really has to be good at rendering.
He was going to buy a Mac which cost about $4000.
So anything less than that would be great. (around $3000 or less preferred.)
I build PC but mainly for gaming so my knowledge is limited for video rendering set up.... like what kind of video cards are great for video rendering, etc...
Any suggestion of parts are appreciated!

He is getting Quadro 5000. But not sure which MB is good for this set up...
Any good Workstation/server board?

He should get a i7 socket 1366 hex core cpu or 2 quad core
ssd for the program and os.
2-4 hard drive for maybe raid 0 for the video data, more he has the higher the failure rate so gotta take caution.
12-24GB of ram
quadro graphics

I don't really know the specific parts but that's a general idea of what should be included.

He should get a i7 socket 1366 hex core cpu or 2 quad core
ssd for the program and os.
2-4 hard drive for maybe raid 0 for the video data, more he has the higher the failure rate so gotta take caution.
12-24GB of ram
quadro graphics

I don't really know the specific parts but that's a general idea of what should be included.

Great, Thanks for the input.
Intel Core i7-970 Gulftown 3.2GHz 12MB L3 Cache Six-Core is what you are talking about right?
That's 1366 hex core.
Also what is the good MB for that? If you know any....

Yeah, the i7-970 is what I was thinking. You could go with the xeon cpu, but they are more expensive.

So I guess Intel Core i7-970 Gulftown 3.2GHz 12MB L3 Cache Six-Core, and PNY VCQ5000-PB Quadro 5000 2.5GB 320-bit GDDR5 are the choice parts so far.
So I need MB, RAM, SSD(for OS and the adobe app) and I guess the case...

Change the ram to something faster, 1600Mhz, and make it triple channel not dual. Definitely go with the Vertex 3 over the Intel 320.

edit: this ram Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL

If you want a different PSU, this one is good too and a bit cheaper: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182188

Mobo looks ok, never liked Intel though (scarred through setting up Intel servers at work, you can't just stick the windows cd in and boot). Alternative would be this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813188066
but it's got no rear eSATA ports.

Change the ram to something faster, 1600Mhz, and make it triple channel not dual. Definitely go with the Vertex 3 over the Intel 320.

edit: this ram Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL

If you want a different PSU, this one is good too and a bit cheaper: Newegg.com - Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus Bronze Certified,Modular Cable Design,ATX12V v2.3/ EPS12V,SLI Ready,CrossFire Ready,Active PFC"Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power Supply

Mobo looks ok, never liked Intel though (scarred through setting up Intel servers at work, you can't just stick the windows cd in and boot). Alternative would be this
Newegg.com - EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
but it's got no rear eSATA ports.
great. Thanks a lot for the info.
I'll pass those information to my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom