Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rinconjoe

Beta member
ok i am confussed which processor , I know the intel pent extrem is the best, but have a Q6600 intel is there some thing better and would make my system more faster was looking at the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 Processor
would it make any diffrence I am running 4 gigs memory all ready on windows vista

If you want more speed then overclock...... Upgrading to a Q9650 won't change much, for faster speed you could disable some of vista's extra features which aren't utilised giving you a more streamlined OS

q9650 will only run a bit cooler... but if you want, go for it and then OC it like a mad man... of course you could just get a Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer (called Tuniq Core Contact Freezer in some countries) and OC the q6600 just as well

4 gigs of ram will give you a noticeable increase in video transcoding speed and mathematically intensive operations (eg compression and encryption among others), as well as making multitasking far smoother

"intel pent extreme" ???? Are you talkin about the old 2MiB Prescotts???

q9650 will only run a bit cooler... but if you want, go for it and then OC it like a mad man... of course you could just get a Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer (called Tuniq Core Contact Freezer in some countries) and OC the q6600 just as well

4 gigs of ram will give you a noticeable increase in video transcoding speed and mathematically intensive operations (eg compression and encryption among others), as well as making multitasking far smoother

"intel pent extreme" ???? Are you talkin about the old 2MiB Prescotts???

Yeah when I heard pent extreme I that's the first thing that went to my mind. We used to call them the Emergency Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom