which processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redonmyhead

Baseband Member
I want to get the quad core. Which one though? Either QX6800 or should I wait for the QX6850 this fall? I know the bus size FOR QX6850 is 1333 and QX6800 is 1066 i think. Plus the ram is DDR3 intead of DDR2. Is this going to make a big difference? I'm not a computer expert by no means. I'm going to use it fstrictly for gaming and my wife is going to use multiple applications on it. is it worth the wait? i just want to have good specs when cyrsis comes out? any suggestions much appreciated!

Red

Get the Q6600 instead, on July 22, when the prices fall. The Q6600 will only be around $270, compared to the QXs $1000 price tag. Then just overclock it.

will the newer processors have a bigger advantage over the older quad processors when they come out this fall (like a big margin difference)?

No....just overclock the Q6600 to the speed of the QXs and it will perform the same. You save about $730, right there. How can you go wrong with a quad core, that only cost $270? The only thing the QXs have, is an unlocked multiplier, but that's not necessary.

if you are going to use multi-threaded applications then buy quad core or else maybe dual core is good because quad core is kinda pricey and core 2 duo will overclock pretty high with a good price.

if you are going to use multi-threaded applications then buy quad core or else maybe dual core is good because quad core is kinda pricey and core 2 duo will overclock pretty high with a good price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom