in the process of building a new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, was being 100% serious. a 2.6ghz black edition am2 is now like 90 bucks or so. So cheap!

yeah but a 2.0GHz Intel CPU is about the same as a 2.6GHz AMD CPU (for preference, and price) and you can OC the Intel one a lot more...

yeah but a 2.0GHz Intel CPU is about the same as a 2.6GHz AMD CPU (for preference, and price) and you can OC the Intel one a lot more...

That just applies for Conroes/Wolfdales/Kentsfields... etc any CPU with the Core Architecture

a Pentium D 4.0ghz still doesn't beat Core 2 Duo e6320 at 1.86Ghz

yeah i was talking about the CPU's with the core architecture compared to the athlon 64 X2...

Lol I know you did... you're a smart guy..

But for all we know the OP might pick out a Pentium D thinking of our formula, expecting it to be way faster than an AthlonX2 when its reciprocal. So I had to nit pick sorry :p

Really? A 2.0ghz intel core 2 duo will be faster than a 2.6ghz amd x2???

edit: the black edition means the multipliers are unlocked I believe, which means it is easily overclockable. And amds run cooler than Intel do anyways. So I would think you could OC the black edition more. Not sure, not an expert on cpus.

Really? A 2.0ghz intel core 2 duo will be faster than a 2.6ghz amd x2???

Unfortunately its true, but its more around 2.5ghz for AMD.

Intel's Core Architecture is faster clock per clock compared to Athlon's current Architecture :( /sadface

I want to see how Deneb turns out though (45nm Phenom [AMD DITCH THE RETCHED NAME! ITS NOTHING BUT BAD LUCK])

**** that sucks. I thought AMD was a better bang for your buck for the cheap consumer. I wish I was a member on this site when I had built my rig. Oh well can't do much about it now. Is quad core really worth it? Or is it overkill for the standard gamer?

lol, was being 100% serious. a 2.6ghz black edition am2 is now like 90 bucks or so. So cheap!

yeah thats y i went for amd, aware that they arent quite as good, i favour amd as a company. but this is only a bbudget build, dont get me wrong, if i was making a high end i would favouring who has the better cpu for the price.

like i said i've always been a fan of amd but intel is so appealing. either way its going to be a great upgrade for me :) thanks for all the input guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom