in the process of building a new pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApolloIV

In Runtime
so i'm in the process of deciding what to put in my new pc. as you can see the pc i'm using now is in my sig and i'm wondering if it worth building one now or waiting till the beginning of next year. i know D3 and WoW:WotlK is suppose to be out by the end of the year, that's what some sources say, but with the prices how they are should i jump in and build my self a new pc? i've looked at what i want which is a q6600 and a 8800gt along side some decent ram a mobo and its gonna cost me around 700. i saw a post that said a new cpu is to be out next year, so should i wait? atm i dont want to because of what i'm currently runnin, its about ~4 years old and i'm ready to upgrade. what are the opinions of some of you fellow gamers/builders?

I agree with waffle, if your budget is only 700 then right now is a much better time to upgrade. If you wait for the Nehalem processors you will have to invest a lot more money to get setup.

yea i was wondering about that. and i'm willing to spend over 700 but what i've found on newegg is a good deal so that was just a estimate but a nice one at that. i'll more then likely upgrade now since i need it bad.

700 is a pretty good budget to deal with nowadays. You might be able to squeeze out a e8400, and if not that then a e7200. A nice p45, and maybe a 4850.... You already got a case and monitor and windows xp... I think you could get a pretty nice build for around $700

Well looking at your specs of your system now there is a good chance you will need a new PSU for that Q6600 and your system, and the 8800GT are still nice cards but there are better ones available right now. Again you might have to spend a bit extra for a card but it will be worth it. And I would suggest upgrading to at least 2GB of ram over your 1GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom