Problems with Raptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshonen8899

In Runtime
I just bought a 74 gb Western Digital Raptor drive from newegg, the OEM version. I installed windows on it fast as **** and got on my programs working except for the games. I don't know why but Quake 4 won't boot off this drive. I used the program folder from the other drive to boot Quake 4 but this drive won't do it. I tried replaceing the program folder on the raptor with the one on the other drive but it still wouldn't work. 3Dmark 06 doesn't run correctly either. Anyone have a solution for this before I ship it back?

master/slave would have nothing to do with it...beyond that SATA's dont utilize master/slave configs.

I have no idea as to how to fix your problem though as I've never heard of anything like that happening. Could be bad sectors on the drive, so I guess all you can really do is RMA it.

When you uninstall it make sure there is no Quake4 folder, if there is delete it. Then try reinstalling it. Has everything been freshly installed?

..It was xfire. >< Thanks for the help though. Maybe you xfire/Quake4 users can help me find out why it crashes with xfire now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom