problems with new C2D build....

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Hey guys....I just finished building my C2D build, and I'm having some problems. I tried running 3dmark01, and it stopped in the middle of the first benchmark.....saying some about data execution prevention or something. And a window pops up where you have the option to send or don't send. What is the cause of this? Also at one time, it would reboot in the middle of the 3dmark bench test.

Specs are:
e6400
2gb corsair xms2 ddr2 800
7600GT
asus p5n-e sli 650i

Please help....thanks...

Something could be over heating and causing the reboot. Or the power supply could be faulty. Those are prob worse case scenarios though.

Check your temps and try using the power supply on a different computer to see if it has the same problems.

I don't think heat is the problem. The CPU is 25C, each core is at 32C, GPU is 40C.

OK, now my computer is rebooting at random. Last time it did I was just surfing the internet. So does this mean the power supply is bad? I have a HIPER 580W. Also sometimes after it reboots, one of my hard drives disappear from My Computer.....appears when I reboot again.

edit: I also got this during one of the reboots:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on the BSOD, with a message about hardware. These series of numbers follow at the end of the message:

0x000A (0x0000001C, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x8052487F)

According to a quick google search it has to do with some drivers, my guess if the video card drivers. They also say ram or hard drive issues are related to that. Majority says its a hard drive problem though. I remember getting this when my cpu/ram was unstable after a oc or my video card drivers were crap.

No way its the PSU. The Hiper 580W is rock solid, and there's no way its being stressed in any way with that system.

I think I'm in trouble here. I tried reformatting and reinstalling windows, and now I can't get pass the part after it formats the hard drive.

I get that BSOD with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

but with a different series of numbers this time.

STOP: 0x0000000A (0xEB000043, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80818662)

Please help me....I really appreciate the any help.

I'm about 99% sure it's just your video drivers. The exact same thing happened to me for awhile on my Winfast 7900GT until nvidia released the 93.71 drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom