Im going to build a new CoreI7 system in one months time. the first Ive ever buit from my own bare hands
. The budget is limmited to 820$ and thats not a penny more
. The lesser the better. I know its a tight budget but thats all I have for now. I plan to upgrade in 6 months time when I have enough money.:happy:
Specs that I have planned (feel free to correct) :
Core I7 920
CM eXtreme series 600W power supply SLI ready
CM 690 Chassie
HDD WD 320GB 7200RPM SATA 2
I already have an OS so don't need it.
I already have a SATA 2 DVD writer so don't need it.
I already have a mouse but do need a cheap USB keyboard.
I already have the monitor. Although I do plan tobuy a new one in 6 months.
now for the problems....
1. Recently Ive heard a roumour that Intel plans to stop the production of the CoreI7 920 and 940 models. I need some one to confirm weather its just a roumour or is it really true?
2. Secondly, Is this MOBO fine for my build? Ive heard about the BIOS problems about the DX58SO so the first thing Im gonna do is upgrade the BIOS
.I also heard that SOME of the DX58SO boards had another problem. when U put more than one module of RAM the board doesn't post. which brings me to my 3rd problem.
3. I havent decided on the RAM just yet. At first I was going with a 2 Gig 1333MHZ single stick RAM, But then I changed my mind to CORSAIR XMS3 DDR3 TRIKIT 3X3G-1600MHZ.
Now I cant decide. I cant take 6Gigs because it will over shoot my budget. Although I do plan to upgrade the RAM after 1-1.5 years.
4. Now comes the vedio Card. I plan On getting the HD 4650 or the 9400 GT or the 7200 GS or the 9500 GT; for these 6 months before upgrading to a GTX 300 series card that are going to be released. But I cant decide which one to take. I know which card is better but I also have to see whats better for my Budget. Also my current monitor can at MAX display 1280x1024 or something like that. BTW I dont plan to SLI ever!!
5. this is the most important. For this perticular build, DO I NEED A CPU COOLER??? or will the stock cooler do it for me?? BTW I wont be OCing much atleast not for a year or two. I do plan to get a CPU cooler after 1 year ie CM HZ600 CPU cooler.
6. the chassie ie CM 690 has many many fan slots. which should I populate first and which ones should I leave for the later Upgrade??
Help is always appreciated