Solid State Member
I am trying to run a computer with:

-ABIT AB9 Pro LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
-Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775
-G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel
-EVGA 320-P2-N815-AR GeForce 8800GTS 320MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
-Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm, and Western Digital Raptor150GB 10,000 RPM
-HIPER 580W Power Supply

I just purchased the mobo, cpu, RAM, and Western Digital hdd. When I plugged everything, it turned on, but I got no video signal. Ive tried replacing the graphics card and the monitor, but I still got no signal. Then I tried just plugging in my old parts again, but for some reason, they didn't get a signal either. Now I have 2 hdd, 2 graphics card, 2 motherboards, three monitors, 2 cpus, 2 sets of RAM, power supplies, and NONE of it works. Any suggestions of what I messed up?

power ON self-test, does the PC show bootup, like windows splash screen on screen etc etc

little beep means it passed

i had this problem too, pretty much exactly. After I was done building i turned everything on, and fans, etc, came on, but i had no display. i plugged the monitor into another comp and made sure it worked (which it did).....i later realized i didnt plug a 6-pin molex into the mobo, so the mobo didnt have enough power, so there was no display going through the gpu, make sure ALL the plugs are connected to the mobo and gpu (if you need it)

I can't find any 6 pin connector, but that still wouldn't explain why all my old parts don't work anymore either. I'm really confused.

The pin is near the CPU slot. This explains it because the CPU isn't getting any power either with the old parts. There is a 4pin cpu and a 4pin molex near the pci-e slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom