problems with fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know what the cfm are, nothing on the fan or case manual says. But the maunal does say that the fans adjust between 1300-3000 rpm. And according to fan1(intake fan) its moving at about 2596 rpm.

So if i want faster fans, do i have to buy them for that purpose, or do all 90x90x25mm fans move at about the same rpm? I mean I have 6 90mm fans, plus the processor fan, the video card fan. WTH, what else can i do besides buying those coolant systems?

If you put your hand on the outside of an intake fan, you won't feel much because the fan is blowing the air INTO the case. Also, speedfan doesn't let you go above 100%, as this would require more than 100% of the rated voltage to the fan, over which speedfan has no control.

well im intelligent enough to know that air moving into the case wont be very noticable when putting your hand over it. When i felt the air movement coming form the fan i had it free from the fan mount and in my hand. i felt both sides with little noticable air movement.

talonfighter25 said:
well im intelligent enough to know that air moving into the case wont be very noticable when putting your hand over it. When i felt the air movement coming form the fan i had it free from the fan mount and in my hand. i felt both sides with little noticable air movement.
Heh, I know - wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. Just thought maybe you hadn't thought of that, is all. They just must not be very high-CFM fans.

It depends if something is blocking the fan too. I have a Silverstone fan that moves 72CFM that I recently installed. In free air, that is not installed in case, it had enough power that there was a typhoon blowing at my face and I could feel the torque trying to pull it out of my hands. My case has this mega grill covering where the fan goes. Covers about half of the airflow. After installation there was enough metal blocking the fan that it severely limited the air coming out, the fan was actually louder, and it created this gust of air swirling around the entrace to the fan. Needless to say my temps actually went up a couple degrees due to bad turbulance. So that may be something to look into.

ok, so just to clarify..

I can buy then same size fans but run at a higher velocity? It really doesnt have anything to do with the PS (ive got a 550W).

So i should prolly just buy a couple of higher CFM fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom