Problems with building new rigs - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 04:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Drizzt
Default Problems with building new rigs

Currently i am typing to you on a virus infested laptop in safe mode... I'll try to fix that problem later (avg ftw hopfully)

I have two comps that i am building
1st:

mobo WinFast NF4SK8AA
amd opteron 180
2gig ddr ram
evga 8500gt 512 mb
dvd/cdrwdrive
500 gb hd
some pink case, if its of importance ill find it on new egg... the PS came with it

one of them i can get to power up and get all the way to the welcome screen and all. This is basically my old computer in a new case... no upgrades and only 1 downgrade, an 8500 gt was put in instead of an 8800 gt.

I was extremly excited when it booted up, like yay no problems... and ten when i went to move my g5 over to log in... the mouse didnt work.. then i tried the up arrow on my g11.. that didnt work...

so i shut down and then plugged in ps/2 mouse and keyboards and then THEY didnt work..
So i guess my problem is my USB and ps/2 ports arent working? I even tried shutting down and then using the usb ports in the front and then the back again and it still didnt work.

2nd comp:
2 8800 gt 512 mb
680i se sli
q6600
500 gb hd
cd/dvdrw drive
tuniq fan
800 wat xion ps
xion case

Ok, i get this one all together, i left the side panel off just in case, i was pretty confident it would boot up.... I turn the switch from 0 to 1 on the powersupply in the back, i see a blue light pop up on the mobo, guessing thats a good sign, and then when i pushed the power button one of the most increadabile things happend

nothing hooray

I'm about to serach up where i should put the power switch wire on the front power connecter on a 680i se sli... im guessing it wouldnt be diffrent from any other mobo but apparently this thing doesnt want to start up... anything else i should be checking to make sure its plugged in? i looked all around the mobo but it looks like i got most things coverd....

btw if i do get it up and running i need to take care of this problem... this was the first thing i checked when i got the tuniq tower mounted... would it fit with my side panel on and the side panels fan on the side panel.... no, it doesnt vernog i thought this would happen lol, but no big deal, i dont think the fan is of amazing importance and i will either take the panel off for the time being or i can just pop the fan off.. But lets try to get it too boot first... lol

IF i forgot any info please PLEASE tell me... I hate typing on laptops lol

Graphics Card:GTX460 768MB @ 880/1760/2000
Hard Drive:2x WD Black 1TB
Power Supply:Xion 800W
Case:3DAurora
CPU cooling: H50
GPU cooling: Best Stock Cooling I Have Ever Had
Monitor:24" LG
Old 12-22-2007, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Drizzt
Default Re: Problems with building new rigs

**Update**

OK as for my 2nd ring ive gotten that to power up... I was used to the setup of the winfast mobo and didnt even 2nd think that the front side connectors would be in a diffrent place on a 680i....

I'll try to get my 2nd rig up and running but i still need help troubleshooting wat the **** is wrong with my 1st rig... mouse and keyboard work god damkit

edit:

keyboard and mojuse work for 2nd rig... , i will put in 2nd 8800 gt later
Graphics Card:GTX460 768MB @ 880/1760/2000
Hard Drive:2x WD Black 1TB
Power Supply:Xion 800W
Case:3DAurora
CPU cooling: H50
GPU cooling: Best Stock Cooling I Have Ever Had
Monitor:24" LG
Closed Thread