Problem with new build CD/DVD recognition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clint Eastwood

Baseband Member
Uh, so I built a new computer for myself, which is the first time I've ever done something like this, and probably why I am having problems.

Everything seems to be connected properly, I received no errors once I started the computer up. I had it boot from the windows XP pro dvd, and Windows successfully installed. Then, I connected a Airlink USB adapter to try to connect to the internet so I could update some drivers. I put in the included driver cd. Not recognized. I then tried a music cd, not recognized. I then tried downloading the drivers and burning it on a DVD instead of a CD, still not recognized.

What do you think the problem could be?

The computer is:

Sonata III case with Antec Earthwatts 500w PSU
DFI Lanparty P35 mobo
Intel Quad Q9450 Processor with stock heatsink
ASUS ATI 4850
2gb Mushkin DDR2 PC6400 ram.
Seagate SATA 500gb hardrive
Samsung SATA Dvd burner

Thats a nice system for a first time build. First time I built one was maybe 4 years ago from an (Even then) ancient Pentium One Processor and board and a few old parts from various PC's I found in a local scrapyard (I later tried upgrading it and blew €300 on expensive incompatible hardware!!!)
To answer your question though, ensure everything is plugged in where it should be and its configured correctly, is the drive recognised in My Computer as a DVD Burner? Perhaps a google search or troubleshooting site might help? Seeing as XP installed ok the Drive must be working but check the Bios to see it appears ok

I got a really good deal on the case, and the processor, that's why I got those specific parts. The video card wasn't a bad deal either.

Anyways, I tried reading the driver cd on a different computer, which seemed to work. I copied what I believe are the install files onto a USB flash drive. However, the driver cd that came with the DVD drive was badly scratched. The install files didn't seem to do anything. I'm trying to fix this through the BIOS, but nothing seems to have fixed this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom