Problem with my first new build

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
For a couple weeks, my first build has been running perfectly, but a couple days ago, its been freezing up for a split second every 15 seconds or so. For example, I will be playing a song on windows media player and it will have little pauses every now and then. After playing a video, my computer came to a blue screen and said something about memory. It was a lot of writing on that screen but from what I remember at the bottom it said something like "Start dumping physical memory". I haven't installed much on the hard drive, so what could be the problem?

Have you updated the Bios on that board to the most recent version? That board had issues with some memory modules and with Conroe CPU's amoung other things. The BSOD is, most of the time, either driver conflicts or memory errors. Update the bios and then get back.

Possibly bad memory if it isn't the board.

Well i mean its reading all of it (i have 4 gb's in there but 32bit xp only reads like 3.2 so its reading its max) but i mean why would this happen? It has only been to the blue screen once but it lags like once a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom