Problem with my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
I have noticed that while playing a game for the first 10-15 minutes there is a slight freeze, it lasts maybe a second but it get annoying, after awhile it goes away and gameplay is smooth, but it does come back eveyr now and then, suggestions on the problem?

well is it any game or one in preticular? It seem that your video card is ok and I think your cpu would be plenty.

I had that happen to me when playing HL2 once or twice.

I dont know, I am thinking that it is not your hardware unless there is something wrong with one of the components.

sounds like lag from settings being to high, i mean its an alright vid card but if your playing like need for speed most wanted on 1280x1024 and 40 cops are chasing you its sure to skip and lag. what game are you playing and what settings are you running?

Mainly happens when I tried out Call of Juarez, Happened when I play Guild Wars in a zone I have never been in, and when I was playing World of Warcraft and Battlefield 2, happened quite a bit in there.

Full settings on anything and everything I play, until I get oblivion then I need to reel them down a tiny bit.

And now that I think about it it is more of a skip jump thing every few minutes, or if it gets bad max of about 30 seconds to a minute between each one, and they do go away after awhile.

However I have noticed that it mainly happens during online games, and when I do 3dmark05 or such there is no ski por jump during the 10 minuts it goes through graphics.

It is really quite bizarre, perhaps I never noticed it before because my computer was so crappy it was around 15 FPS on low during WoW =P.

King X13 said:
sounds like lag from settings being to high, i mean its an alright vid card but if your playing like need for speed most wanted on 1280x1024 and 40 cops are chasing you its sure to skip and lag. what game are you playing and what settings are you running?

If I can run on full graphics with 60+ FPS, why would it be causing slight lag and skipping?

Was just checking it out and it appears it will happen during some offline games, but alot less frequently, also found that turning all the graphics to low on Guild Wars, that when I zone in and move around to look at other people it can and will still happen but alot less frequently.

I am really confused at this, thinking it may be my Hard Drive since for osme reason SiSoftware is saying that my Data Storage is below what it should be, know of any good programs to analyse your hard drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom