Problem with IDE DVD drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyear99

Solid State Member
Hi

I just put together a new gaming system yesterday. However I've been having an annoying problem so far with my IDE LG DVD writer not being able to read CDs/DVDs properly.
I try to install different games/programs and after a lil while I'll get an error saying"FileError: retry?" I have tried using the setup files with autorun disabled.

My specs are-

MSI K8n NEO4 Mobo
1 Gig Corsair Ram
300 Gig SATA MAxtor HD
256mb XFX GF 7800GT
A64 3500+

So here is what I've tried so far.

Opened up the case drive set to master, plugged into master IDE cable, verified this in the BIOS.
Windows installed fine on the same dvd writer drive with no errors at all. It seems only after installing the Nforce IDE drivers that this occurred. I tried removing just the Nforce IDE drivers using add/remove programs but the problem still persists. I am sure this dvd writer works as it works in other computers and successfully installed windows onto the machine, I then tried reinstalling windows a second time just to make sure...same problem. When the Nforce driver was installed I checked and it said ultradma 33. I put it in PIO and the same problem continued.

I know for a fact my cds are good as they are all originals and work in other machines with no scratches.

After removing the Nforce IDE drivers the Windows IDE drivers installed and I rebooted, same problem.

I am really stumped here all I have in the PC are 1 SATA Hard Drive and 1 IDE DVD writer connected to their respective master cables and proper jumper settings...everything looks good in the BIOS.

One other thing I also have an external USB 2.0 Dvd Writer, I use this on another machine. I tried it as well in the machine and I get the same problem. I know it isn't the USB connection since I have other devices on the USB that work fine.

Any ideas? :S

Hmm I'm gonna try using a differnt IDE drive. It still doens't explain how I am able to install windows fine more than once with it.

Heh Crazy Gamer I am using that Ultra X-connect as well it's sext hehe, got the titanium one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom