Probably my 4th Thread but w/e lol (psu)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
So, yes this time for real I am replacing my power supply :D.

I realize most of you say go with the Corsair 520HX from buy.com for 99.99.

But I have read that modular power supplies are not always the best because they add more resistance.

So, I am possibly wanting to do SLi in the future, (max would be two 8800 GTS'. or 8700GTS)

So I probably need a atl east a 550watt, to 650 with plenty of amps on the 12 volt rail.

What do you suggest?

The resistance of a quality modular power supply, is not enough to be concerned about. There are many people here, who have the 520HX or 620HX. I agree with getting the 520HX at buy.com. Great deal.

Well Im getting two GTX's for very cheap, so I think I will gow tih HX 620 (core 2 Duo E6420)
or I was told the Silverstone 750 is a decent power supply.

I have the Quattro, didnt really do much difference compared to the Thermaltake Toughpower 650 watt I had just a few days ago. But my temps are hotter now, could it be the PSU thats causing it? Haha :D

i think really the only problem with modular psus is that the pins can break in them, or wear and eventually not make contact as well as they should. if you fiddle around with it a lot. i kinda wish i had gotten one...cos yes, it would make wire management loads easier.

i think really the only problem with modular psus is that the pins can break in them, or wear and eventually not make contact as well as they should. if you fiddle around with it a lot. i kinda wish i had gotten one...cos yes, it would make wire management loads easier.

Yes, it seems to have drawbacks, but if you don't play too much and you're careful enough, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom