prices of intel quad cores coming down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asianyeti

Baseband Member
I went to best buy the other day looking at cameras, but ended up wandering over to the computers. And i overheard one of the "Geek Squad" employees talking to a customer about the Intel quad cores coming down in price in a short time (3 months?) because new chips are coming out. Is this true?:confused:

I doubt they will...upgrading to the new chip would force you to upgrade mobo/RAM as well so that's basically half the system.

Plus, never trust/believe ANYTHING geek squad says :| they are retarded

Yeah.. pretty much all they are doing is making things up to try and sound more intelligent, but wouldn't it make sense that when the new chip releases the older one gets cheaper? isn't that how it's always gone?

vent that's right, but this chip requires a different socket...so you'll have to upgrade 3 different things in your comp. many people won't want to do that...they'll only want to upgrade 1 thing. so unless everyone upgrades to a whole new nehalem system i doubt they'll lower prices

I know a lot of people who are waiting for this chipset to come out, and i don't know all that many people, so I guess what i'm saying is there are already a lot of people planning on upgrading when this comes out. So wouldn't that boost the sales enough to lower the older version?

another thing: if intel drops the price of old chips people might upgrade to them instead of nehalem...so that would lower sells of new chips, and i don't think they would want to do that

Intel only drops prices officially on Quarterly price cuts.

However other e-tailers usually drop prices if they feel things aren't pushing haha

yes here in italy dey are saying it too thath the intel quad core cpus are gowing dawn price wen new cpus come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom