Price drop on the X-fi xtreme Gamer soundcard - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb
Default Price drop on the X-fi xtreme Gamer soundcard

Since many of you guys share great deals/news with all of us, I shall do the same:

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

I was looking at this yesterday wanting to get it for 90.99 and today it just dropped in price. Although the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels is cheaper I heard its really a stripped down version and basically a refurbished older sound blaster card. I know some people disagree with getting sound cards and use onboard but you really have to hear the differance to believe it. X-Fi can do great EAX, mp3 manipulation, all all that 3d jazz, a definite must for gamer systems.

Note: Theres apparently a lot of driver problems with the X-Fi cards and Vista..but i won't have to worry about that since Im going xp for a year or two ( depends if they come out with DX-10 for xp )

Old 07-20-2007, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Default Re: Price drop on the X-fi xtreme Gamer soundcard

not anymore... with the drivers

but they were 60$ a couple of weeks ago with a rebate...

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 07-20-2007, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via AIM to OnlyCurious Send a message via Yahoo to OnlyCurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabb View Post
Since many of you guys share great deals/news with all of us, I shall do the same:

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

I was looking at this yesterday wanting to get it for 90.99 and today it just dropped in price. Although the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio 7.1 Channels is cheaper I heard its really a stripped down version and basically a refurbished older sound blaster card. I know some people disagree with getting sound cards and use onboard but you really have to hear the differance to believe it. X-Fi can do great EAX, mp3 manipulation, all all that 3d jazz, a definite must for gamer systems.

Note: Theres apparently a lot of driver problems with the X-Fi cards and Vista..but i won't have to worry about that since Im going xp for a year or two ( depends if they come out with DX-10 for xp )
I'm sure if you wait a couple days, they'll also make it FREE SHIPPING. I've noticed that about Newegg, they give you a discount with shipping. And few days later, they don't charge for shipping... happened to me MANY times... made me mad, but what can I do?? lol

My rig:
CoolerMaster Centurion 5
SamSung 20" LCD
Intel E6750 @ 2.66Ghz
Gigabyte p35-ds3r
Patriot Extreme 2gb 4-4-4-12
Sapphire X1950XT 256mb
Samsung 500gb @ 7200
PSU Xclio GreatPower 550W
Samsung DVD Burner
Logitec X-230 2.1
Old 07-20-2007, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
I'm sure if you wait a couple days, they'll also make it FREE SHIPPING. I've noticed that about Newegg, they give you a discount with shipping. And few days later, they don't charge for shipping... happened to me MANY times... made me mad, but what can I do?? lol
in answer to your question:
"wait a few days before ordering" :P
Closed Thread