Price/Component Check for a budget rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Nehalem won't use the 775 Socket anymore..

So pretty much Socket 775 is coming to its end... but if you get a G45 and an e2180/e5200 you are pretty much set, just don't game until you get the cash for a good video card

Vernong, i just checked out the GIGABYTE's GA-EG45M-DS2H with the G45 chipset but theres the thing..

it comes with the following Expansion Slots

PCI Express x4 1
PCI Express x1 1
PCI Slots 2

it doesnt have a PCI-E X16 slot so doest that mean I cant throw in another card ?

I would expect a x4 slot to bottleneck any decent card. Maybe a AMD build with a 790gx would be better after all since you plan on gaming with the igp.

I would expect a x4 slot to bottleneck any decent card. Maybe a AMD build with a 790gx would be better after all since you plan on gaming with the igp.

yeah but I only need the AGP incase the videocard dies out on me .. u know what i mean?

I am thinking of throwing one in after like a month or two

What do you guys think of ASRock?

heres one motherboard with the G45 chipset and comes with the following
Expansion Slots:

PCI Express 2.0 x16 1
PCI Express x1 1
PCI Slots 2

Memory Standard: DDR3 1066 / DDR2 1066

just one review on Newegg and the owner hasnt even bought it off the website.

the link:

Customer Reviews Of ASRock G43Twins-FullHD LGA 775 Intel G43 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Now if I were to assemble an AMD system with an excellent onboard graphics option (to throw in a videocard) later on... Should I go for the 780G or the 790GX?

Which dual core amd processor would be best?
I am talking about their fastest dual core processor with lowest operating temperatures and power consumption.

All the three cpus have different power requirements.. which one should i go for without having to get a 500W psu?

Whats the performance difference between the two 3.0 ghz processors? the X2 6000+ with 2mb cache seems inviting but it also requires more power and could possibly run hotter too.

I am stuck between the two now. One has 2mb of cache, the other has less power requirement. Which one should i go for? :eek::confused:

AMD CPUs are equal in performance/price. Don't forget that they also have an onboard memory controller, not just the processor.

You can get a Phenom X3 (triple core) $99 w/ HT3
Newegg.com - AMD Phenom 8450 Toliman 2.1GHz 3 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W Triple-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Don't forget that with the AMD chipsets, you can use both the onboard video and graphics card at the same time. It also allows you to shut the graphics card off when not gaming to save electricity. A quality 350w PSU will be fine.

I came across one more G45 mobo. This ones by Asus.

Its the ASUS P5Q-EM.

Comes with the following Expansion slots:

PCI Express 2.0 x16 1
PCI Express x1 2
PCI Slots 1

Would I be able to install a videocard, a soundcard and a wifi card in the future on this board?

I have the ASRock 4Core1600P35 solid capacitor motherboard which doesn't have onboard video and it's been running an E8400 great without any issues.

Without commenting directly about the G43, their solid capacitor motherboards have been reported to be very stable, reliable and a good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom